lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
hawk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Time to rebuild the motor!

Well some of you may know all the problems i've been having with my 96 ez-go......

but for those who don't, basically, it runs like crap! i did a compression test and it was 115 dry and about 120 wet compression.

Does anyone sell a top end rebuild kit for the 295cc motors Without the crankshaft?

i went to my local cart shop and they printed out a 13 page list of parts that i can buy for it in the rebuild... i have to buy it all individually from them.

I plan on boreing it out while im at it to a .50 piston

Now i have a question, my cart was running very very very very rich, would rebuild help solve that or is that another issue i need to look into? rebuild the carb? i'm not sure where to start on that problem. the smell of gas is very potent!
thanks for any help
Kevin
hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Time to rebuild the motor!

13 page list? LOL - We sell rebuild kits all the time, I don't think you'll have 13 part numbers buying from the OEM parts packages

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
hawk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesmotortoys View Post
13 page list? LOL - We sell rebuild kits all the time, I don't think you'll have 13 part numbers buying from the OEM parts packages
Yeah I was surprised when he handed me the stack of papers. LOL

Well I'm gonna tear into my motor this weekend and find out what I need. Do u guys sell .50 bore pistons as well? Def needs more power
Old 12-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

buy a reman 350 eng that will give you 11hp instead of 9hp. check out some of the threads with a 350cc eng using a 295 head. that increases compression which inturns increases hp/torque.

yes, EZGO offers a rebuild kit for these eng. Depending on howmuch you want to spend you might want to consider BB it. a 25hp briggs or aliket would be a nice power increase.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
hawk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

to be honest, i just want to get this thing running the best i can for as little money as possible...

we're not even allowed to have golf carts in my community, im just keeping it and building it up for the fun of it with intentions of either selling it, or keeping it for when i move out or if my parents move they can take it

i think the reman 350 is a bit out of my price budget,

i'm hoping to keep it around $500 with all the labor being done by me and my dad, besides the boreing of the block of course
Old 12-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk View Post
to be honest, i just want to get this thing running the best i can for as little money as possible...

we're not even allowed to have golf carts in my community, im just keeping it and building it up for the fun of it with intentions of either selling it, or keeping it for when i move out or if my parents move they can take it

i think the reman 350 is a bit out of my price budget,

i'm hoping to keep it around $500 with all the labor being done by me and my dad, besides the boreing of the block of course
Go OEM with the parts - You won't spend near that amount on the parts. Let me know if I can help. Yes, there are .50 over pistons available thru OEM...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #7
hawk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks mike! I'm going to pull the motor next week and assess my damage and I'll send you a pm with what I need!!

I'm glad you found me. Haha
Old 12-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Is 115/120 compression bad? What's it supposed to be?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
hawk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

165 I hear is a good minimum number
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO