lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #71
evorob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 89 Flathead died....

thanks scotty

Went in & talked to them again yesterday... They are wanting me to do just basic tune ups & assembly of new carts... Do a quick go thru of used,tradein,& or lease returns.. determine their condition & whether they are nice enough to resell... or to use as rentals..

The DM stated they try not to do any major fixes or overhauls due to high costs (retail & shop time) so they will take the carts in on trade towards a new or used cart... (sounds more like a car lot!!!) but amazingly enough... the prices on their used carts are pretty fair...

Here's the bonus... they are short one tech for the Thermo King side.. so they are wanting me to kinda bounce back & forth between the carts & refer units.. so they will provide me with some entry level training to those.. as well as help me out with getting HVAC certification... I already have a CDL so no additional licensing is needed in order to drive the service trucks... (bonus for them)

Will most likely go fill the cup to the rim Mon or Tues
evorob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #72
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Congrats!!! That all sounds good! Luck may have helped land the job .... now nothing but hard work can keep it
Keep us posted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #73
evorob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Doing something I enjoy is big... & HVAC pays well.. Like I posted before.. I get along well with the all the people already there.. As with my old job we had Thermo Kings on our0 trucks

I'm excited to once again do something I enjoy... I was with my old company for over 10 years... (I'm 31 & CDL is required but can't obtain until 21) so I am dedicated to what I do... Ive always been the type to 1st there & last to leave..

They even dont mind me working extra Mon-Thurs with half day friday so I can continue my golfing habit... (6 hdcp)
Old 12-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #74
evorob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Got gas coming out the intake side of the carb... Float seemed to be fine... Needle...? Can I rule out stuck intake valve ..?
Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #75
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

fe290? what is the compression? That will rule out a valve not closing...let us know
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:46 PM   #76
evorob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Kf82 seems to have compession I don't have a tester here but with spark plug out seems to push pretty good
Old 12-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #77
evorob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hasn't been priority but finally got around to my cart... compression is low (5lbs) so I'm guessing broken rings.. I'm going to go buy an electric CC this week & swap my enclosure on to it.. (as mentioned before I golf alot!!)

But don't worry guys.. my gasser isn't going anywhere... I will file it away in the garage until summer then do a BB swap.. tear off the top so it will fit in our toyhauler.. & give the kids something to play with when we go camping...

Hopefully my next posting will be the BB build!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car