lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #1
Vatoloco2k7
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2008 club car precedent battery issue

I have an 08 club car precedent that was gifted to me by my workplace as they were planning on scraping it, it was said that the car worked fine but the batteries were severely undercharged and had to be charged with car charger before the power drive would be able to pick it up. I checked the batteries with a voltometer and all read under 7v one of which had less then 1v so I began trying to charge then with a charger I bought and I was able to here life out of the cart via the reverse buzz but no movement so I continued charging the battery and I got them all up to 10.7v and attempted to use the power drive but no luck so I left it alone this was last night. Oh and I'm working with 4-12v set up so this morning I checked the voltage and they had dipped back to 7v mind you I haven't checked my water levels but I plan to do so this afternoon after I purchase a hydrometer from oreillys to test each cell. Would low liquid levels cause the batteries to not hold charge? And do you think I can resalvage these batteries or would I need new ones? The cart belonged to a dealership and was used by the mechanics to get around the dealership but I guess they weren't interested in salvaging it. It's not in horrible shape it just needs new seats. Any help/pointers/advice you guys may have would be great! Thanks for your time!
Vatoloco2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car