lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2019, 11:04 PM   #1
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default DATA LOG of RXV AMP DRAW

I noticed Lots of questions in the past about the range and amp draw of the RXV.

If anyone is interested, attached is a quick and dirty log of the AMP Draw on an RXV. Amps were checked on the main DC input cable to the controller.

Cart had stock tires, Speed in controller was set at 19.5 MPH, one 235LB passenger. Level Ground, relatively straight street. 2 year old batteries, fully charged.

Sample rate was 120/minute (twice per second, which was probably too high, but was default and I forgot to change).

Sample ID's 1-71 were traveling across yard to street.
Sample ID's 72-129 accelerating from a dead stop to 19.5 MPH and holding WOT
SAMPLE ID's 129-162 (negative amps) was letting off throttle and regen braking to a stop and turning around

163-221 was backtracking over the previous range starting from dead stop and holding WOT.

222-232 is letting off throttle and braking. The remainder is back across the yard to the shop.

Interesting to me was that after cart was up to full 19.5 mph speed, AMP draw was still on average at or less than the 56 amps that 8 & 12 volt batteries are rated. I think the the T-1275 is rated about 120 minutes at 56 amps.

Anyway, I was just curious and decided to post these in case anyone else was.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2019-09-22-22-29-25.txt (10.0 KB, 0 views)
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DATA LOG of RXV AMP DRAW

The higher the sampling rate, the better.

T-1275 = 12V-150AH ---- 102 Minutes @56A or about 51 Minutes down to 50% SoC.
T-875 = 8V-170AH ------- 117 Minutes @56A or about 58 Minutes down to 50% SoC.

What was the data logging ammeter used?
Does it save in a .csv format? (comma separated values)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Gainerman
Not Yet Wild

That's fascinating, it looks like the launch amp and wot cruise amp are almost identical to my DC series street cart when running at 36v and no windshield on 20.5 street tires. But the low speed cruise amp draw is much lower on your cart. I expected the 19.5mph amp draw to be less than the 30-35 amps mine pulls at 16mph
Gainerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #4
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
The higher the sampling rate, the better.

T-1275 = 12V-150AH ---- 102 Minutes @56A or about 51 Minutes down to 50% SoC.
T-875 = 8V-170AH ------- 117 Minutes @56A or about 58 Minutes down to 50% SoC.

What was the data logging ammeter used?
Does it save in a .csv format? (comma separated values)
Yes, can save to .csv or excel. I can't recall the brand, it is a true RMS clamp on meter with bluetooth phone connection.

I got the 875 and 1275 ratings confused in my post, I was going from memory. :-(

Hopefully data like this will help give people some rough point of reference and meanings to the ratings when they have questions about battery performance, range, and HP, etc.

For example, I think the data indicates that 'theoretically' an RXV with T-875 could travel up to 20 miles down to 50% SOC and t-1275 about 12% less.

It looks like the RXV motor is very briefly producing roughly 12-13 HP on start and 3-3.5 when cruising at WOT.

It is also interesting to be able to see the negative amps on regen braking.
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO