lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Alltrax XCT500 can not log data file

Doing a new EMP motor install, loaded a field map from EMP, cart won't go over 20mph. Target range for the motor is 27-29 mph so still a ways to go.
Check throttle input with key on it reads 0-100% fine.

Trying to log a file but as I'm driving after about 10-15 seconds the alltrax toolkit screen goes blank as if the controller is no longer connected to laptop.
USB issue? Or am I doing it wrong. Read all steps in the manual, I check the folder for data files but there's nothing in there

Thanks
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax XCT500 can not log data file

Unless you "START" and "STOP" the data logging, no file will be saved.
Therefore, if the Toolkit program dies during operation, no file will be saved.

Does Toolkit close, or does it continue running without showing any monitor date on the screen?
Does the "Lost communications with controller" window pop-up?

Please post a screen capture from the laptop when it toolkit misbehaves. (Press "Print Scrn" button, copy into MS Paint, save as JPG and attach to post)

Sounds like you may need to contact Alltrax.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Monitor Tab - data logging circled.jpg (183.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Unless you "START" and "STOP" the data logging, no file will be saved.
Therefore, if the Toolkit program dies during operation, no file will be saved.

Does Toolkit close, or does it continue running without showing any monitor date on the screen?
Does the "Lost communications with controller" window pop-up?

Please post a screen capture from the laptop when it toolkit misbehaves. (Press "Print Scrn" button, copy into MS Paint, save as JPG and attach to post)

Sounds like you may need to contact Alltrax.
Hey JohnnieB,
Toolkit does not close, it does continue running but there's a red warning along the top of the blank screen within the toolkit that states communication to control is lost. I will take a screenshot.

Process is connect controller, press start to begin logging and then turn key switch and put into fwd? Come to complete stop, press "stop" ? And then look for csv file?
Old 06-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
Hey JohnnieB,
1. Toolkit does not close, it does continue running but there's a red warning along the top of the blank screen within the toolkit that states communication to control is lost. I will take a screenshot.

Process is connect controller, press start to begin logging and then turn key switch and put into fwd? Come to complete stop, press "stop" ? And then look for csv file?
1. Sounds like a USB issue. Try different USB cables and USB ports on laptop.

2. Process is:
Battery charger disconnected form car and controller powered down (Key off - F/R in neutral - RUN/Tow in Tow - pedal not pushed), connect USB cable to powered down laptop and powered down XCT.
Power up laptop and Start Toolkit program.

The XCT is now powered up via the USB port and should now flash the blink code for whatever throttle type is is set to. (Four green flashes for EZGO ITS)

Click the start button on the monitor screen to start the data log.

Set the cart controls as required to drive cart and the changes should be seen on the monitor screen.

Drive cart on test run.

After test run is completed and while the laptop is still connected to the XCT and the Toolkit program is still running, click the stop button on monitor screen and a *.csv file (comma separated values) you have named will be save in the location you have designated.

------------
Forgot to ask before.
What is the max RPM set to?
What is your tire height?
Old 06-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
1. Sounds like a USB issue. Try different USB cables and USB ports on laptop.

2. Process is:
Battery charger disconnected form car and controller powered down (Key off - F/R in neutral - RUN/Tow in Tow - pedal not pushed), connect USB cable to powered down laptop and powered down XCT.
Power up laptop and Start Toolkit program.

The XCT is now powered up via the USB port and should now flash the blink code for whatever throttle type is is set to. (Four green flashes for EZGO ITS)

Click the start button on the monitor screen to start the data log.

Set the cart controls as required to drive cart and the changes should be seen on the monitor screen.

Drive cart on test run.

After test run is completed and while the laptop is still connected to the XCT and the Toolkit program is still running, click the stop button on monitor screen and a *.csv file (comma separated values) you have named will be save in the location you have designated.

------------
Forgot to ask before.
What is the max RPM set to?
What is your tire height?
EMP/Chuck indicated to set it at 7000
Tire size is 18
Motor is custom built by EMP

I had a feeling it's a USB issue.
I'll get one tonight and try it tomorrow. If I have a problem I'll screenshot it and upload the picture

Thanks
Old 06-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conradconrad View Post
EMP/Chuck indicated to set it at 7000
Tire size is 18
Motor is custom built by EMP

I had a feeling it's a USB issue.
I'll get one tonight and try it tomorrow. If I have a problem I'll screenshot it and upload the picture
With 18" tall tires and 12.44:1 (stock) differential gears, the motor is only spinning at about 4646RPM and would be spinning 6737RPM at 29MPH.
(FWIW: 7000RPM ought to be 30.1 MPH)

It will be interesting to see what the Motor Volts and Field Amps are when motor is at max RPM.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #7
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here are some files for viewing pleasure

both set the way chuck at EMP instructed with his field map- only difference it one has turbo off and the other turbo on.
turbo off 20-20.5mph
turbo on 23-24mph

only have a standard xct pds field map for me to give a try?
Old 06-11-2017, 10:30 PM   #8
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

forgot the files, had to zip them
Attached Files
File Type: zip log files.zip (12.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-12-2017, 10:58 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Your motor maxed out at 5096RPM with turbo off and 6045RPM with turbo on.
If your rear tires are exactly 18.0" tall and your differential gears are exactly 12:44:1 your max cart speed was 21.9MPH with turbo off and 26.0MPH with turbo on.

With turbo off the field weakening went down to 7.9A when at 100% throttle and above 5000RPM. Average Armature Current was 44.0A with and average of 42.2V applied.
With turbo on the field weakening went down to 6.0A when at 100% throttle and above 5000RPM. Average Armature Current was 83.9A with and average of 41.2V applied.

I don't know what the Field Weakening Limitations are for your motor, but I suspect it will tolerate going down to 3A, maybe lower, when the armature current is less then 100A. There might be a Field Map out there that does that.

The drawback is more motor heat.

Looks like you are using a filed map named E57075-1 and the map for a stock PDS motor is named EZPDS. Or at least that was what it was when I got my XCT controller in May-2015. However, there have been a lot of map written since them and I have no idea of what their names are.

Check with EMP and Alltrax. They may have something that will up the max RPM a bit.

-------------
Did you push the cart out of the garage? Looks like the walkaway safety activated.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:20 AM   #10
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

[QUOTE=JohnnieB;1394941]Your motor maxed out at 5096RPM with turbo off and 6045RPM with turbo on.
If your rear tires are exactly 18.0" tall and your differential gears are exactly 12:44:1 your max cart speed was 21.9MPH with turbo off and 26.0MPH with turbo on.

With turbo off the field weakening went down to 7.9A when at 100% throttle and above 5000RPM. Average Armature Current was 44.0A with and average of 42.2V applied.
With turbo on the field weakening went down to 6.0A when at 100% throttle and above 5000RPM. Average Armature Current was 83.9A with and average of 41.2V applied.

I don't know what the Field Weakening Limitations are for your motor, but I suspect it will tolerate going down to 3A, maybe lower, when the armature current is less then 100A. There might be a Field Map out there that does that.

EMP will send more updated maps as I log files and send to him

The drawback is more motor heat.

I splurged for the N.O. thermostat installed by EMP at motor brushes that triggers at 284 *F. Its connected to a blinking red light/buzzer combo. The motor from EMP is Class H and can survive up to 356*F (I know you know all these fun facts JohnnieB but in case for others reading), I also attached a probe temp meter to the case so I can watch motor case temps rising real time- more of a preventative measure to avoid the buzzer ever having to trip

Looks like you are using a filed map named E57075-1 and the map for a stock PDS motor is named EZPDS. Or at least that was what it was when I got my XCT controller in May-2015. However, there have been a lot of map written since them and I have no idea of what their names are.

Yes EMP provided me with a E57075-1 field map to load into the alltrax, I did that before I drove it, so never drove it with a PDS field map

Check with EMP and Alltrax. They may have something that will up the max RPM a bit.

I forwarded the data logs to EMP as well so he can take a look

-------------
Did you push the cart out of the garage? Looks like the walkaway safety activated.

Yeah I let it roll out of the garage lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO