lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2021, 06:42 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt ez go dcx controller wont light up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
Is there a way to test the pedal speed module? I hooked up and ohm meter to the posts and excersised the pedal no change in the reading
Connect a voltmeter to the black and white wires (Pins 1 & 2) at the controller while the connector is plugged into the controller. Pedal up is 10V and Pedal down is 6V. However, the controller has to be powered up and your controller isn't, so you'll have to fix that problem first.

The controller does not need to have a throttle connected to power up, so testing the throttle is just chasing your tail.

The PDF file I attached to my post#3 is a DCX troubleshooting guide.

You have to have 36V on Pins 6, 9 and 10 to get the DCX to power up and you say you now have it, so the DCX ought to power up.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2021, 07:47 PM   #12
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes solid pack voltage on 6 , 9 and 10. Where do I go from here? You were correct I was counting from the wrong side of the connector!! Thanks for not laughing!
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 11:39 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazdo2 View Post
Yes solid pack voltage on 6 , 9 and 10. Where do I go from here? You were correct I was counting from the wrong side of the connector!! Thanks for not laughing!
Figuring out which is Pin-1 isn't easy at times. I've messed up more times over the years than I care to remember....

Attached is a drawing from Alltrax showing how to power up their DCX and AXE controllers for programming on the bench. They include Pin-5 for the DCX, but that is the pedal switch and is not needed to power up a DCX. Just Pins 6, 9 & 10 are needed to make LED come on.

Contact Alltrax. They might have some other tests to run,. but I'm about 99.9% sure your DCX controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bench Power -AXE and DCX.JPG (112.7 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2021, 07:57 PM   #14
chazdo2
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Thanks again I think your right I have pins 6 9 and 10 powered up no light no voltage on pins 1 or 2
chazdo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO