lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2022, 11:46 PM   #71
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Conversion 48 volt system

That's unfortunate gman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman@engineer.com View Post
I am not sure what caused this failure, but the battery had been run low before I got it.
Your answer is wright there in your post. Once a lithium cell has been discharged below its threshold, it can no longer be trusted. It may fail instantly, within months, longer, or never. But it is sure to say that it cannot be trusted. You're lucky that it didn't result in fire.

How did you know that that module had been run low? I wouldn't have accepted it knowing that.

I would also be very wary of the other bent modules as well now. At the minimum the pouches may be punctured.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2022, 07:20 AM   #72
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman@engineer.com View Post
... I am not sure what caused this failure, but the battery had been run low before I got it....
You knew the battery had been drained below the minimum 2.5V before you bought it?
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 11:40 AM   #73
gman@engineer.com
Not Yet Wild

No, the batteries were good when I got them as far as a charge above 3.6 volts. I purchased these from Tech Direct. But I did not have the golf cart when the batteries failed. Best I can tell from the folks using it, the charger stopped working when the battery was at 48 volts. I had also programmed the engine to stop working at that voltage. Then a few days latter the battery registered 20 volts. Upon inspection cells 13 and 14 had dropped below 1 volt while the other cells were at 3.6 volts. Those cells were in parallel, so I suspect one died taking the other with it. But when I removed the bolts holding the G2 cells together, the cell expanded rapidly and bent a few more. So a total of 4 or 5 cells went bad out of 14 cells.
gman@engineer.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car