lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 99 EZGO buzzer sounds all the time

I had my neighbor down the block try fixing his own cart I walked him through troublshooting his controller . " BAD controller ordered a new one he instaslled it " now he want to have me fix it because 1) it wont run 2 ) the buzzer is sounding all the time with the key off and with the F/R switch in either F/N/R ?

Im totally confused how it could have bunged this up so bad . BTW he did install a new solenoid Help Scotty !
MAD-DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 99 EZGO buzzer sounds all the time

Viewed 24 times and no help ...Crap
Old 09-05-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Series or DCS cart?
Stock or aftermarket controller?
Sounds like something is miswired, but gotta know what type drive system even make a guess.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

I believe its a 99 with a run tow switch but there arnt any stickers on the control box and it does have thr F/R switch by your legs ,with a stock controler and a new Solenoid that he installed I printed off a wiring diagram from here last night and cant seem to find what he might have crossed .

MAtinwi
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Just because it is new, doesn't mean it is good, but we need to troubleshoot it top be sure.

There are at least a half dozen different schematics/wiring diagrams floating around here.
Gotta know exactly what the cart is, so we can work from the right one.

Does the controller have a 10 pin white plug on top and F1 & F2 push on terminals? (Only 9 wire connected to white plug)
Or does it have a 6 pin white plug on top? (Only four wires connected to 6 pin plug)

Also, pictures of controller & solenoid & Direction selector switch would help.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #6
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

10 pin and only 9 wires hooked up ,the F/R switch is inclosed in a silver case thats whats leading me to think its a DCS , the controler is a stock with three lugs on top and a F1-F2 on it with the black and white wires ... there are two questions I have one is at the key switch I have 36+ comming in but only 13.8 leaving is that normal? also on the solenoide where the two small lugs are its marked A5 and A6 he has a blue wire going to the A6 and the REd Yellow and yellow going to the A5 but in the wiring diagram its switched ?
I wish I had told him to take pictures before he did this ...im such a newbee on EZGOS . Is there a way I can jump the controller to see if its good or not I just want to see if teh motor is any good . and Im still confused why the buzzer is going all the time even with the run tow switch off and the key shut off ?

Matinwi
Old 09-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinwi View Post
1. 10 pin and only 9 wires hooked up ,the F/R switch is inclosed in a silver case thats whats leading me to think its a DCS , the controler is a stock with three lugs on top and a F1-F2 on it with the black and white wires ...

2. here are two questions I have one is at the key switch I have 36+ comming in but only 13.8 leaving is that normal?

3. also on the solenoide where the two small lugs are its marked A5 and A6 he has a blue wire going to the A6 and the REd Yellow and yellow going to the A5 but in the wiring diagram its switched ?

4. I wish I had told him to take pictures before he did this ...im such a newbee on EZGOS .

5. Is there a way I can jump the controller to see if its good or not I just want to see if teh motor is any good .

6. and Im still confused why the buzzer is going all the time even with the run tow switch off and the key shut off ?

Matinwi
1. It is a DCS.

2. If the keyswitch is a two position (OFF - ON), it isn't normal. If keyswitch is a 3 position (Off - ON - Lights), there is a set of contact that has 12V on it.
In either case, the 36V comes into keyswitch via a yellow wire from the F/R assembly and then goes to the solenoid coil via a White/Yellow wire.

Here is a DCS schematic with the solenoid activation circuit traced.

3. The two small terminals are the solenoid coil. It doesn't matter which side the wires are connected to and long as the correct wires are connect together.

The Blue wire should be all alone on one terminal and the other end goes to Pin-7 on the controller.
The other terminal should have three wires.
a. White/Yellow from Keyswitch. (If this wire has 13.8v on it instead of full battery pack voltage, I have no idea what controller is going to do. It just might turn the beeper on all the time. )
b. Red wire - Other end goes to microswitch in Throttle box.
c. Yellow wire - Other end goes to Pin-6 on controller.

4. Always take pictures and label everything.

5. If motor was working before, it is most likely still working.
Even if motor was bad, it wouldn't cause Beeper to sound all the time.
If need be, we'll troubleshoot the motor after we get the controller behaving normally.

6. The beeper can sound when the Keyswitch is off, but the Run/Tow switch should kill it.
Place Run/Tow in Tow and check voltage on Pins 9 and 10 on controller.
Should be Zero in Tow and Battery pack voltage in Run.

Also, while you're in the area, check the voltage on Pin-4. Should be pack voltage only when F/R is in R.

Once we get the beeper issue solved, we'll go from there.

I've gotta go for now - will be back later or in AM. Good luck....

PS.. Don't trust wire colors to be correct on older carts, they may have been replaced by a previous owner. Just trace them out from and to if there is any question about color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - DCS- Primary KSI Traced.JPG (116.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well I did what you said but I have no Continuity between 1&2 and 3&4 and I traced all the wires on the schem . and they are good ,,,Here is what I did find there are two small red wires on th big post of the solenoid one of them has 18v weather or not its hooked up to the post , when I take the one off the buzzer goes away , so I trace the rest of them going back to the run tow switch .one has 36v two have 9v one is dead ...is there a place to see what voltage is comming off each or the 10 pins on the harness or if they are going to ground ?

Matt
Old 09-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by matinwi View Post
1. Well I did what you said but I have no Continuity between 1&2 and 3&4 and I traced all the wires on the schem . and they are good ,,,

2. Here is what I did find there are two small red wires on th big post of the solenoid one of them has 18v weather or not its hooked up to the post ,

3. when I take the one off the buzzer goes away ,

4. so I trace the rest of them going back to the run tow switch .one has 36v two have 9v one is dead ...

5. is there a place to see what voltage is comming off each or the 10 pins on the harness or if they are going to ground ?

Matt
1. I've not suggested measuring the continuity of anything yet.
1&2 and 3&4 of what? If you are referring to controller, that is normal, if referring to Run/Tow switch, that could be bad or normal depending on position the switch is in and if referring to Pedal box, it is bad.
Stick with measuring voltage for the time being.

2. The are two big posts on the solenoid. One side has a large cable that connects directly to the positive pole on the right-front battery and is typically referred to as the battery side main terminal. (The other big terminal connects to the controller and is called the controller side main terminal.)

When connected to the battery side main terminal, all wires should read battery pack voltage.
If not the heavy gauge cable to battery pack is bad.

3. That is normal.

4. Rest of them? You said there were two red wires connected to big post on solenoid.
In any case, when Run/Tow switch is in Run, all four of its terminals should have Battery pack voltage on them.

5. Backside of the white nylon connector when it is plugged into controller.
If the probe on your DVM test lead is too thick, use a straightened out paper clip or short piece of small gauge solid copper wire.

------------------
I noticed the battery pack on the schematic, while electrically correct, is laid out backwards physically. (Which is something to be aware of when tracing wiring using a schematic, they are only electrically correct.)

Here is a drawing of the correct battery pack layout and were to attach DVM negative lead, unless otherwise stipulated.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
MAD-DOG
Gone Wild

Club Car

IN reply to #4 are you saying that both the big and small terminals should have 36v on them I thought the blue from the controler was the ground to the solenoide? How do I test the pedal switch ? do I have to take up the rubber floor mat to get to it ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO