lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2021, 06:42 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Replacement headlight bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Like V_A said the problem with replacing a halogen plugin light with a LED is the focal spot placement. The LED isn't going to work any better. The only solution is to replace your light assembly with one like I have attached to this post. Ok I know what you're saying, I don't want to buy the entire kit just to get two lights. I was in the same situation and I looked all over the internet to find somebody that would just sell you the lights w/o all of the other stuff that you don't need. Well, I finally found the answer. The answer is David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. He can get you just the standalone lights. They are not listed on his web site so you need to call him and tell him exactly what you need.
Not necessarily true about the LED replacements. I bought a pair of LED drop in lights for my car that came with halogen standard H11 or whatever size bulbs. Think I paid $30 per pair on Amazon (I got a pair for my headlights and one for my fog lights). I’ve been exceptionally happy with their performance. I can’t speak much for their long term reliability but they’ve been in my car for about a year with no problem at all. I usually leave work at 3am and have about an hour drive home on the interstate the whole way, so they’ve seen plenty of use.

LED technology has come a long way the last few years. A couple years ago I’d agree completely but with LED technology becoming common and more mainstream, so has the adaptation for upgrades to convert halogen to LED.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-04-2021, 06:55 PM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Like V_A said the problem with replacing a halogen plugin light with a LED is the focal spot placement. The LED isn't going to work any better. The only solution is to replace your light assembly with one like I have attached to this post. Ok I know what you're saying, I don't want to buy the entire kit just to get two lights. I was in the same situation and I looked all over the internet to find somebody that would just sell you the lights w/o all of the other stuff that you don't need. Well, I finally found the answer. The answer is David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars. He can get you just the standalone lights. They are not listed on his web site so you need to call him and tell him exactly what you need.
My second light set was led and the headlights looked exactly like the one you show with 10 led's per light. After several months I happened to notice 3 or 4 led's were out on one and 6 on the other. That's when I put the first halogen headlights back in.

Good to know about David's lights. I'll check with him if these bulbs don't work. If I drove every day at night, I would gladly buy the best I could get.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:57 PM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Not necessarily true about the LED replacements. I bought a pair of LED drop in lights for my car that came with halogen standard H11 or whatever size bulbs. Think I paid $30 per pair on Amazon (I got a pair for my headlights and one for my fog lights). I’ve been exceptionally happy with their performance. I can’t speak much for their long term reliability but they’ve been in my car for about a year with no problem at all. I usually leave work at 3am and have about an hour drive home on the interstate the whole way, so they’ve seen plenty of use.

LED technology has come a long way the last few years. A couple years ago I’d agree completely but with LED technology becoming common and more mainstream, so has the adaptation for upgrades to convert halogen to LED.
When I first read this post, I thought the interstate was really no place for a golf cart....then I read it more slowly.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:38 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
When I first read this post, I thought the interstate was really no place for a golf cart....then I read it more slowly.
Lol.

Guess that depends on the golf cart… and I’ve seen some cars here in Detroit that make me believe my golf cart would be considerably safer if an accident were to occur…
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:02 PM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Lol.

Guess that depends on the golf cart… and I’ve seen some cars here in Detroit that make me believe my golf cart would be considerably safer if an accident were to occur…
All you need are some chains, a weatherproof enclosure and a heated blanket and you're good to go!
Old 12-08-2021, 11:47 AM   #16
kenacp
Getting Wild
Club Car

Tom, let us know how they work out. I changed mine out a few years ago with low wattage LED's to save battery draw. Need to get more powerful bulbs.
kenacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 02:09 PM   #17
8-point
Gone Fishing

Club Car

I was in the same boat, wanted more light but didn't want the total light upgrade. So the short cut I took was these and they made a huge difference. Easy peasy to swap out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26424594713...4AAOSw8gRdXl5C
8-point is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 04:02 PM   #18
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenacp View Post
Tom, let us know how they work out. I changed mine out a few years ago with low wattage LED's to save battery draw. Need to get more powerful bulbs.
I'll let you know how they work. I'm going to put one in and compare it to the halogen.

I still haven't received them, I think they are on a slow boat from China.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:05 PM   #19
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-point View Post
I was in the same boat, wanted more light but didn't want the total light upgrade. So the short cut I took was these and they made a huge difference. Easy peasy to swap out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26424594713...4AAOSw8gRdXl5C
These bulbs look to be the same as these that I bought:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324874236720

Only difference is mine come complete with the snap in base.

By the way, my first link on post #1 was for fog lights only. It even says do not use for headlights.

On Post #3 I realized that and bought the correct headlight ones.
Old 12-09-2021, 05:24 PM   #20
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

These bulbs fit the glass lens halogen headlight housings perfectly. The bright, white light seem to be much more effective at lighting the road.

I'm happy with them!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car