lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2009, 10:35 PM   #61
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Default Re: Anyone get their cart Florida Street Legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMNFL View Post
Scubabud,
Ain't Sharon nice at EC? She knows her stuff!
Tom is the main tech man at CPP. I'd say he is a nice guy. But, you know... How it is with nice guys?
He'd finish last!
He is in the process of moving the shop.
So not only does he have alot going on in his head. His hands are full too.
Don't this just drive ya crazy? Waiting on people to call back and all that.
OBill
PS: I've never had the pleasure of meeting East Coast. Maybe some day they'll show up at a Race?
IMNFL,

Yes Sharon was very nice, very professional and the ONLY one to actually call back with complete information and prices. Tom from CCP was very nice as well but couldn't get the complete information so I'll wait for that call back from Sales. I spoke to Ron at East Coast Custom Carts and he also very nice hopefully will get back to me soon. My hope would also be to get as much information about who carries what listed on this thread, making it simple for the next guy that wants to do a LSV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Great info. everyone. I have found this thread very informative on how to make my cart street legal in FL. I think everyone is on the same page, it's all good! I have supported local and internet cart shops, etc. dealers/suppliers. My experience, if you need it yesterday....go and buy today and local. You will pay more but maybe it's worth it!...most of these nice site sponsors on this forum are operating on minimum margins....it's not too hard to figure out. Patience does work from time to time...I'm still learning! Just saying my nonsense as usual....
BRS,

So true! My thing is that I want it; not now…but RIGHT NOW! But the keyword for me is RIGHT… the first time hence all the checking around. As I mentioned in another thread I’ve always believed in getting at least three bids for any important purchase, looking at the product, service offered and company reputation then making the final decision once that is accomplished. And I feel I’m only a couple of phone calls away from that final RIGHT decision. (I hope...)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2009, 07:39 AM   #62
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS View Post
Great info. everyone. I have found this thread very informative on how to make my cart street legal in FL. I think everyone is on the same page, it's all good! I have supported local and internet cart shops, etc. dealers/suppliers. My experience, if you need it yesterday....go and buy today and local. You will pay more but maybe it's worth it!...most of these nice site sponsors on this forum are operating on miminum margins....it's not too hard to figure out. Patience does work from time to time...I'm still learning! Just saying my nonsense as usual....
IMNFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 11:11 AM   #63
30-A rider
Getting Wild

I just finshed getting my cart registered street legal as an LSV. ANy questions feel free to email me. All I did was contact office of compliance for the list of items, modified my cart and the inspection registration process was a breeze for me. I did mine in Panama City at a State police Headquarters. Didnt even make me take the cart off the trailer. The guy did a quick glance at the cart, lifted up the seat to make sure it was electric and not gas and went inside...typed away at his computer for 15 minutes. Came out of office I wrote a check. We walked outside and he handed me a plate and put a VIN # sticker inside the Dash/glove box and that was it. I had a generic club car windshield that didnt meet requirements and he didnt look. Didnt want to see the lgihts, horn or anything worked. My cart exceeds 25mph and again he didnt even require me to get it off the trailer.
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #64
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30-A rider View Post
I just finshed getting my cart registered street legal as an LSV. ANy questions feel free to email me. All I did was contact office of compliance for the list of items, modified my cart and the inspection registration process was a breeze for me. I did mine in Panama City at a State police Headquarters. Didnt even make me take the cart off the trailer. The guy did a quick glance at the cart, lifted up the seat to make sure it was electric and not gas and went inside...typed away at his computer for 15 minutes. Came out of office I wrote a check. We walked outside and he handed me a plate and put a VIN # sticker inside the Dash/glove box and that was it. I had a generic club car windshield that didnt meet requirements and he didnt look. Didnt want to see the lgihts, horn or anything worked. My cart exceeds 25mph and again he didnt even require me to get it off the trailer.
There you go! He done ya a favor andya gotta tell every body!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:16 PM   #65
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Quote:
There you go! He done ya a favor andya gotta tell every body!
Sounds easier to drive to Panama City,...on my way!!!!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #66
scubabud

Club Car

BRS,

Did you order any parts yet or are you already done and just waiting for DMV inspection?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #67
IMNFL
FLIPPER

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabud View Post
BRS,

Did you order any parts yet or are you already done and just waiting for DMV inspection?
Hey Scubabud,
I just saw the link in your signature. I think you are worring too much about getting that cart to pass. (Sharp cart)
Did you read 30A rider's post?
He said he took it to the Highway Patrol Station and they passed it! Wouldn't work here! Because 1. They won't talk to ya here. (Stoped there one time with question. They gave me DOT phone # in Jax. FLDOT wanted to know why I called them. Said to call FLDOT in Alachua County! 2. They are across the street from the DMV.
But you might try it. Only thing they can do is turn you down. And you will still be where you are at.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #68
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Hey Scubabud,
I just saw the link in your signature. I think you are worring too much about getting that cart to pass. (Sharp cart)
Did you read 30A rider's post?
He said he took it to the Highway Patrol Station and they passed it! Wouldn't work here! Because 1. They won't talk to ya here. 2. They are across the street from the DMV.
But you might try it. Only thing they can do is turn you down. And you will still be where you are at.
Hey IMNFL,

I'm going with CCP on the AS5 windshield at around $120 along with 4 seat belts for around $120. I got the slow moving vehicle sign online for $20 and I'm getting more information on the wiper arm, around $55. An exterior mirror and a couple of reflectors also for an around $15. So for about $330, (not including the State Sales Tax & Tag to register the LSV,) I'll have a legitimate Street Legal Cart!

So hey... what's to worry about... It's ALL GOOD!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #69
cuzky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm waiting for the city to give the " OK " on carts be for doing all the things that have been discussed
cuzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #70
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Cuzky, I believe the Florida State statute superceeds the citys ability to govern LSV use. As long as your speed limit is 35 or under and your legal its all good. (I think, been wrong before) They arent "golf carts" at that point. mike
cat boat racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car