lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
mulderab1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001 club car starts better in neutral than drive

The cart fires right up in neutral service mode, but in drive it it takes a while and some choke. Is this common?

It seems like the starter is trying to start the engine and move the cart, and may be not all starter power going to engine. What should I look as t?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mulderab1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2021, 06:24 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 club car starts better in neutral than drive

The drive clutch may be stuck and not opening all the way.
With the engine off there should be slack in the drive belt and there should be about 1/16” of wiggle room between the belt and the sheaves of the clutch.
If the clutch is still clamped down tight on the belt then it’s stuck and needs to be removed and cleaned out and usually needs to be rebuilt.

Check the sheaves of the clutch to make sure they are nice and flat. If the are grooved or appear wavy then you’re better off to replace the clutch rather than try to rebuild it.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car