lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #31
turbotexas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Let's get this Pink EZ GO running right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I have never seen a 36 or 48 volt solenoid at NAPA Auto Parts ! Controllers are very voltage selective. Experiment with voltages to see if your controller 'likes' them? ROTFLMAO You will fry the controller faster than you can say 'stuff' !

One of the guys at my napa has a golf cart. He did show some 36 volt soliniods, but didn't have in stock. They might not work fo golf carts!!! After upgrading the wire to 4 ga. I am real pleased with it's performance. Because these are so unstable I don't really want much more speed, just more climbing torque and battery stanima!! As it is now the suspension unloads when I hit the pedal. The front comes up a little bit, not enough to lift the tires though! My batteries are 6+ years old so they will be replaced next... Then a controller set up for the lift kit/tall tires.
turbotexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2008, 12:57 PM   #32
leadfoot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

... If that is a fleet car it most likely has the wimpy fleet motor, from the pics it also looks like it has a 300a controller.. you should look into the g.e. 6.1 horse for series electrics and a 650 - 700 amp controller .. ie, Alltrax, FSIP.. there is a few, and dont forget h.d. solenoid and FnR for rliability.. give that pink thing some guts.. lol.. a nice byproduct of the 6.1 and a good controller, even with your stock gears will give you stump pulling bottom end torque and high twenties to low thirties top end.. depending on the tire size of course..
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #33
turbotexas
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

here is a link to pics of motor and controller...

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-pics-i-d.html

what will what you described cost to install/purchase???
turbotexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #34
leadfoot
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

judging by the pics, its a fleet controller 275-300 amps.. those cars usually have the lower rpm/horsepower cookie cutter motor.. about 16 miles per hour or so on stock tires... Retail on the G.E. series 700 amp controller is around 750.. the 6.1 horse motor is something like 814.. pricey.. but as close to bulletproof as you are going to get.. of course if you can befriend a local dealer, you could probably do better on a package deal.. nice thing about alot of the upgraded controllers is that they will accept a wider array of input voltages.. a really economical way to boost your particular car would be to get your hands on a "take off" 400 amp stock controller and a factory hi speed motor.. you usually can get them for about have of what list is.. it would be another 100amps over what you have, and amps= torque ..
there is a way to get a rough estimate of what your actual peak horsepower is on an electric... system voltage X amperage controller / 1000 = peak horsepower.. fun to play with different combos of controllers and system voltages.. so for example your e z go @36v X 275a = 9900/1000= 9.9 horse peak power... so for the stump puller set up I mentioned before you would use 36 X 700 / 1000 = 25.5 peak hp.. thats a difference you can feel
leadfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides