lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default G16 Running rough

Hello all, I just switched from an elec Yam to a G16. It starts slow and takes a lot of choke for a couple on minutes until it will run with out choke. When its running, it accelerates fine and smoothly but runs very rough at W.O.T. on the rpm limiter or at ant intermediate speed. Ive cleaned the foam air filter and replaced the paper filter as well as the spark plug with no improvement. Seems like a carb issue????? Whats my next step pls...
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Running rough

Sounds like an air leak. Pull the air box and check the spacer and gaskets between the carb. and intake.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
sofar-sogood
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I pulled the card and cleaned it, check the valve lash @ .004, Ok 150 PSI compression, Reinstalled the carb and ran it on jack stands with out the air box. After choking it for 30-40 sec it ran ok at WOT but if I backed off the throttle to 1/4 or so and tried to back to WOT it would sputter and die unless I choked it. Im sure there are no vacuum leaks...Does the air box need to be on to operate properly? Also noticed a lot of compressed air coming from the valve cover hose? Valves too tight? New carb needed?
sofar-sogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
craig tn
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yamaha's are sensitive to too much air. Check what spriddle wrote above. If it is getting too much air most of the time it will run better if choked at WOT.
craig tn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha