lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
ranger48
Not Yet Wild

Cool Replace cables

I would like to replace all the battery and motor cables to 4 gage can anyone tell me the lengths for all the cables for a ezgo 1991 marathon thank you
ranger48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Replace cables

One proven method is to remove the cables one at a time and make the replacement. This way there is no chance to mis-wire the cart and easy to get the proper lenght for each one. Also before you take one off evaluate the route and lenght of the cable....you may want to customize alittle....hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
evcomp
Not Yet Wild

Any idea of what the total length would be to buy the cable in bulk and then cut as you are making the individual pieces? Also, where did you guys find the soldering links and 4 gauge wire? Home Depot, Auto Parts Store? Will be replacing mine also and wanted a good place to buy locally.
evcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
kyle.malone
Not Yet Wild

NAPA auto parts will sell 4 gauge cable in bulk. I replaced my cabling on my 92 Marathon and customized the wiring and bought 25 feet of cable and had some left over. The price was about 2.69 a foot if memory serves me right. they also havethe ends that can be crimpped on or soldered on.
kyle.malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle.malone View Post
NAPA auto parts will sell 4 gauge cable in bulk. I replaced my cabling on my 92 Marathon and customized the wiring and bought 25 feet of cable and had some left over. The price was about 2.69 a foot if memory serves me right. they also havethe ends that can be crimpped on or soldered on.
Or...alot of us used welding cable available at a v. gd. hardware store or electrical supply house or on line. You can make an estimate of the lenghts you will need like 6 pcs. 21" and 3pcs 30" add it all up and add another 10% for rerouting preferences etc. I think I used about 20 Ft. for the Melex (ezgo) but, don't quote me or go buy 20 ft. count your footage & 2 ends per cable . crimp/crimper or solder and flux - good luck!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:28 PM   #6
www3rd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

info#2 works better takes about 23 or 24 feet on 95 up ex-go I build these sets for all my carts if interested send me a PM I use orange with green ground also use crimp connector lugs #2by 5/16
I built a set of crimpers works well ends wont come off

Last edited by www3rd; 03-15-2008 at 05:27 PM.. Reason: info
www3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #7
napalaz
Gone Wild

They also have the compresion type lugs they r a little $$$$$$$$$ but work great
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:39 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by www3rd View Post
info#2 works better takes about 23 or 24 feet on 95 up ex-go I build these sets for all my carts if interested send me a PM I use orange with green ground also use crimp connector lugs #2by 5/16
I built a set of crimpers works well ends wont come off
WELCOME
SHOW US SOME PICS OF YOUR HOMEMADE CRIMPER AND CABLES.....
Old 03-16-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
www3rd
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I will take some soon I need to clean my cart it is so dirty from mud you cant tell what is what it is the only one that I have all # 2s on right now I have not built any in a while as far as the crimpers I am trying to decide if I want to let this out a good set of crimpers for this size wire is around 300 mine I have about 40 in they work fine with little effort
www3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 07:59 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by www3rd View Post
I will take some soon I need to clean my cart it is so dirty from mud you cant tell what is what it is the only one that I have all # 2s on right now I have not built any in a while as far as the crimpers I am trying to decide if I want to let this out a good set of crimpers for this size wire is around 300 mine I have about 40 in they work fine with little effort
whatever.....
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO