lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #11
bud light
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ready to rumble

looks great keep us updated.

.45ACP because shooting twice is silly.
bud light is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Cool !! Looks like it hooked up real nice.

csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Good deal, the yamaha I did had a lot more power too I think about double. It sets you back in the seat now. It runs about 30 I gps 27 a couple weeks after the install and it was run all summer, then it started to run a little better I think it took that long to break in. I'd guess it does a solid 30 now just like my stock cart, except it gets there in half the time! I'm going to port mine, timing advance, mill the head and see what it does. I'd like another carb that one was a mess to adjust and get jetted. I used an automotive airbox and muffler.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #14
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks great. Your gonna love it !
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #15
billyclayalexander
Not Yet Wild

Mbolan,

Can you posts some more pics of your mount and your air filter set io please!

Thanks

Billy Alexander
billyclayalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #16
kevinandrew
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbolan View Post
Just finished my Duramax install. Really surprised how straight forward it was. I retained as much original stuff as possible to reduce cost. Uses the stock clutch with a CPP adapter. The engine still starts from the gas pedal and uses the stock muffler. The only mod to the engine was the removal of the governor and the install of a brass barb in its place to connect the fuel pump. The Duramax air filter would not fit since the Club Car control box was in the way so I made an adapter out of an electrical LB style connector and it works great with a foam air cleaner. Basically all of the aluminum I had laying around so no cost there. The engine stand has an angle to it so that when the engine is installed it sits level. I paid $287 for the engine shipped to my door. The clutch adapter was about $50 shipped. The air cleaner was $20 shipped. I made the exhaust pipe from 1 1/4 electrical EMT conduit. It runs great so far. Thanks to all who have posted pictures and shared ideas. It really made my conversion a lot easier.
is that an 1 1/2" electrical 'LB' that you are using as an airbox on your carb?
kevinandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

We will see how mine works out, I just ordered a clone from home depot for 263 shipped w/tax and will get the CPP adapter. The last clone I did I went to a boneyard took off a chevy cavilier airbox and hose for $10 and some little car muffler for $10 was laying there. Used old pipe fittings for exhaust but would like to redo that. The G9 the shock is right in front of the carb, so is better to get the clone with the aircleaner above the carb and you can hook a hose/pvc elbows to it out the top for a remote filter. I had to use an electrical fitting in the little airbox and mod it, close it off to air, then pvc fittings to the hose of the car airbox. It was a pain there is no clearance there. The top airbox engine should work much better. I could not run a foam aircleaner, tons of dust here so the car airfilter is better and $7 to buy. And I ran 2" pvc to front of cart for clean air intake into the box.

I used a metal conduit electrical nipple I cut down shorter, you put conduit nuts on to clamp it in the hole, then a threaded pvc adapter on the outside. This is used on power poles called rigid conduit. It looks like a pipe nipple but thinner steel. It was 1.5" or something I forget. Also used a male pvc threaded (male threaded to slip) up bottom of airbox, and the same type metal nut inside to secure the air intake pipe. Its a handy way to secure pvc pipe to a box. Rest of pvc is glued as usual.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #18
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Can you post more pictures. this is exactly what i am about to do. looks like your mount is the same as what i was thinking for my stock starter generator. did you cut and bolt a small plate to the factory tabs on the motor then through bolt the club car bracket to it? the holes on mine dont line up with the motor and im sure wont be in the right position so i was thinking id have to do this. also would like to see more pictures of your throttle setup. id like to use my stock throttle cable. did you build brackets to raise your motor up? my carb hit the electrical box in mine just sitting in there. havent made my mounts yet.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps