lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
mbolan
Not Yet Wild

Default Ready to rumble

Just finished my Duramax install. Really surprised how straight forward it was. I retained as much original stuff as possible to reduce cost. Uses the stock clutch with a CPP adapter. The engine still starts from the gas pedal and uses the stock muffler. The only mod to the engine was the removal of the governor and the install of a brass barb in its place to connect the fuel pump. The Duramax air filter would not fit since the Club Car control box was in the way so I made an adapter out of an electrical LB style connector and it works great with a foam air cleaner. Basically all of the aluminum I had laying around so no cost there. The engine stand has an angle to it so that when the engine is installed it sits level. I paid $287 for the engine shipped to my door. The clutch adapter was about $50 shipped. The air cleaner was $20 shipped. I made the exhaust pipe from 1 1/4 electrical EMT conduit. It runs great so far. Thanks to all who have posted pictures and shared ideas. It really made my conversion a lot easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.JPG (40.0 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Brackets.JPG (35.6 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg linkage.JPG (46.3 KB, 265 views)
File Type: jpg generator installed.JPG (31.2 KB, 296 views)
mbolan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps