lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Benny1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Stalling/not starting 86'

I took my cart for about a two and a half mile ride tonight and about a mile and a half in it stalled. By stalled i mean the engine shut down and the cart came to a stop.

I tried to drive it again and the cart went about 3 feet and died again.

I then sat for about 5 minutes then the cart drove perfrct for about a half mile and died again. Then i repeated this one more time untill i reached my destination.

About two hours later i got on the cart to go home and it would't go more then 5 feet at a time.

Any ideas?

Ben
Benny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Benny1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Stalling/not starting 86'

So this morning i got the cart back out and here is the new finding.

If i slightly press the pedel the cart moves at a snals pace; any more then that and it just stops.

Any help would be great!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

First thing to do Benny would be to check for a good healthy spark. Put your cart in maintenance mode to do this. I just had a similar problem with my 98 CC, it ran fine for a mile then quit, it would re-start but got progressively worse and displayed the same symptoms as yours. Turned out the coil was going tits up. With the help of the guys here I replaced it and all is now good again.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Benny1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the help Chris but that did not seem to fix the issue.

I started taking the cart apart to investigate and found that the air filter is saturated in gas. So just for kicks I took the cart out with the seat off and no air box and noticed that the carb is spitting gas into where the air filter goes.
Any ideas outside of change the carb?

If not, how hard is it to tune these carbs?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the carbs can not be tuned.........so start by checking the float make sure there nothing in there that would make it act up if float looks ok take carb off and clean the hell out of it i mean every opening every jet make sure you run a peice of wire thur than hit everything with carb cleaner and use a decent sized air compressor to blow everything out......................also might not be a bad time to go over the fuel pump and replace both diaframs and gaskets..........both of these will cause cart to act up that way...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
Benny1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the help Tom!

I have now replaced the carb and the coil. Same problem. I talked to a local cart store and the first thing the guy said was plugged exhaust and recommended buying a new one. If i'm going to spend the money on that should i get a stock one or is there a better one out there?

Thank you guys for all your help!
Ben
Old 08-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

before you buy an exhaust theres a very easy way to tell if its bad........just disconnect it at motor get about 1/2 inch or so gap and drive it around like that if it keeps running that just buy a mufflar ( not cheap ) for that cart but if it keeps acting up than its not the exhaust.......you can also barbaque the mufflar if its plugged.......get a good fire going and throw the mufflar in it until its cherry red pull it out and start tapping all over it you will loosen the crap up and shake it out that might work.....you can also cut one end off and clean inside than weld end back on..........when it quits have you checked to make sure your getting good spark?..............if not check......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #8
Benny1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the help. I finally got around to fixing it on saturday. It was the carb after all. I replaced the carb and the cart ran perfectly. Thank you for all the help.

My next mission is to find the rev. limiter so i can take off the ground wire and install the tach.

Ben
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car