lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #1
KCgolfer
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium claimed 56V vs actual 48V system??

Has anyone purchased a new EZGO (specifically a 2021 L6 that I took delivery of today) lately and looked at their battery pack, motor, and charger? I have a Delta-Q QuiQ charger that is labeled as a 48V 16amp lithium charger. A MAHLE 3 phase AC motor that is stickered as 45V 7.0kW DC72V... But yet the literature that EXGO currently has out states that their ELiTE systems are a 56 volt pack and 56v motor. Anyone care to try and explain this to me as a non electrical savvy guy? Thanks.
KCgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium claimed 56V vs actual 48V system??

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCgolfer View Post
Has anyone purchased a new EZGO (specifically a 2021 L6 that I took delivery of today) lately and looked at their battery pack, motor, and charger? I have a Delta-Q QuiQ charger that is labeled as a 48V 16amp lithium charger. A MAHLE 3 phase AC motor that is stickered as 45V 7.0kW DC72V... But yet the literature that EXGO currently has out states that their ELiTE systems are a 56 volt pack and 56v motor. Anyone care to try and explain this to me as a non electrical savvy guy? Thanks.
Lithium packs have a wider operating voltage range than lead/acid. Technically, the Samsung packs are nominal 51.1V according to the way they are set from the factory, but in reality they are connected to a 48V nominal controller and motor. good observation...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO