lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #1
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default LSV insurance for North Carolina

I'm in the process of converting my CC Precedent to a street-legal LSV here in North Carolina. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get liability insurance for my LSV in North Carolina?

My main insurance company seems pretty expensive to add the LSV to our policy.

I tried Geico, where I have my motorcycle insurance, and they don't even offer LSV insurance.

Thanks!
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2021, 02:08 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: LSV insurance for North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonr3 View Post
I'm in the process of converting my CC Precedent to a street-legal LSV here in North Carolina. Does anyone have any recommendations on where I can get liability insurance for my LSV in North Carolina?

I tried Geico, where I have my motorcycle insurance, and they don't even offer LSV insurance.

Thanks!
ZZZZZZ I was asleep at the switch! See below.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:

Thanks!
Geico does in Florida and Georgia but through Foremost Insurance Group. Only $50.00 per year for full coverage including if my barn burns down! Or so they said. It does need to be a "Licensed Vehicle" which mine isn't. I carried it for a year but then dropped it.

Foremost is part of the Farmers Insurance group.
Old 06-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #4
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Geico does in Florida and Georgia but through Foremost Insurance Group. Only $50.00 per year for full coverage including if my barn burns down! Or so they said. It does need to be a "Licensed Vehicle" which mine isn't. I carried it for a year but then dropped it.

I just looked them up and didn't see an option for a registered LSV in NC, but I will give them a call and see what they say. Thanks!!!
Old 06-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #5
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post

I just called them and they do not offer that insurance in North Carolina. The search continues...
Old 06-24-2021, 03:01 PM   #6
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
I just called them and they do not offer that insurance in North Carolina. The search continues...
Well, shucks!
Old 06-24-2021, 04:48 PM   #7
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

When I checked Allstate (my car and homeowners coverage) they quoted around $12 a month for liability.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 05:16 PM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm right next door in TN. I've been using Safeco for the last 5 or 6 years. $100/yr. You also get a state insurance card verifying that you are covered. Check them out. My cart is street legal.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:41 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I'm right next door in TN. I've been using Safeco for the last 5 or 6 years. $100/yr. You also get a state insurance card verifying that you are covered. Check them out. My cart is street legal.
Walter,

Foremost in Georgia, but with policy written out of Florida, will insure liability and property damage for $50.00 per year. However, you must have a titled cart with a VIN# which Florida does when you get them street legal and inspected.

Georgia does not title golf carts, only factory LSV's are titled, so even though they will write me a policy, I'm not sure I would be covered if anything happened. I am street legal in Georgia but several cities in the state require insurance. Most don't, especially near me.

Does Safeco require a titled cart for the insurance coverage?

Update: Just checked with Progressive. Liability coverage for my cart is $75.00 per year. No title required, no other restrictions that I see.
Old 06-25-2021, 07:55 AM   #10
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

THANKS everyone for your replies. I got a really good quote from Progressive - less than $100 a year, so once I get my cart titled and registered, I'll be signing up with them. Thanks again!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car