lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2021, 01:33 AM   #1
Rockten
Not Yet Wild

Default speed programming 2010 Precedent IQ

Hi all,

I do not live in the US and I have a 2010 Precedent IQ (PQ1008-080779).

I read somewhere that the speed of my IQ cart is programmable. And I ordered a speed magnet that I read will increase the speed. But that is all I know.

I did not test ride the cart yet since I recently got the motor running but on a fully stripped cart without wheels on. In have the following questions:

1. What speeds can I expect from the cart? What are the different speeds that could be programmed

2. What is the default speed from the factory?

3. Is there any way I can adjust the speed without a programmer?

4. Huw much faster will the cart go with the speed magnet?

5. What does a programmer cost and where can I buy one, if affordable?

6. Where can I send the OBC or (or Controller?) in the US for it to be programmed to the maximum speed?
Rockten is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2021, 12:17 PM   #2
Rockten
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: speed programming 2010 Precedent IQ

Anyone😕?
Old 06-25-2021, 04:28 PM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

1..About 20 mph with a speed magnet

2..Not sure but there are 4 speed codes.. 1 is approx 8mph...2 is approx 11mph..3 is approx 14mph...4..purchased from a CC dealer for around 100 bucks..19 to 20 mph

3.You need a programmer to adjust the codes but you don't need to if you install a a speed magnet..You will lose the regen brake..

4.See #1

5.The Curtis handheld programmer model 1313-4331 oem level cost is over 550.00 new..You can get one online..Google that model programmer...

6..Not necessary with a speed magnet...Anyone that has a programmer...The controller is programmed not the obc...
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 06:48 PM   #4
Rockten
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
1..About 20 mph with a speed magnet

2..Not sure but there are 4 speed codes.. 1 is approx 8mph...2 is approx 11mph..3 is approx 14mph...4..purchased from a CC dealer for around 100 bucks..19 to 20 mph

3.You need a programmer to adjust the codes but you don't need to if you install a a speed magnet..You will lose the regen brake..

4.See #1

5.The Curtis handheld programmer model 1313-4331 oem level cost is over 550.00 new..You can get one online..Google that model programmer...

6..Not necessary with a speed magnet...Anyone that has a programmer...The controller is programmed not the obc...
Movin-On - Many thanks for the answers!! Luckily I bought the magnet already and I am pending to install it. But I will lose the regen brake when I install this magnet? Is this the automatic brake when you slide downhill?
Old 06-25-2021, 07:55 PM   #5
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Right, it will no longer work with a speed magnet...The regenerative brake helps to slow the cart down and is not that good on an IQ cart anyway ....
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 06:21 AM   #6
Rockten
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Movin-on!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car