lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 11:28 PM   #1
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default 2010 RXV Shifter Question

I have a friend that I am helping with a shifting issue. The cart for the most part works fine, but every now and then the cart won't start in forward or reverse. If you mess with the shifter then it will allow the cart to turn over and eventually move. I was thinking it probably was a proxy switch, but this isn't like the Club Car I have so I am lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2021, 05:41 PM   #2
yler4cy
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 RXV Shifter Question

Any help with this? I am trying to help him get it resolved before the 4th. It still works, so not a necesy, but I am lifting it and putting on bigger rims and tires, so trying to get it all done at once.
yler4cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 10:00 PM   #3
CatCam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The only thing I see is a micro switch that sends power to the back up horn. Other than that it is a pull/push shifter cable. I don't know how the forward/neutral/reverse has anything to do with the cart starting.
I would check these items: 1. Starter Generator Bushings (remove rubber caps to see how worn down they are). 2. Check the accelerator pedal switch. 3. Check the start solenoid.
CatCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 07:05 AM   #4
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The hot wire that leads to the pedal microswitch also powers the back up buzzer which is mounted on the shifter plate...pigtails off of it to the pedal switch. I bet that wire is loose, or possibly the connector is loose to the wire and when you move the shifter, it briefly looses connection periodically. Might be coincidence and the solenoid is going bad too.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO