lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #1
haggis444
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Brake Bolts Came Loose???

So lots of good info on the crappy auto brakes on these in this forum. Mine is bad, but here's the situation... I just had it in the shop to have the steering box replaced. Would they have had any reason to take the brake off to do that work? Reason I ask is my daughter called me and said there was smoke coming out...you know that smell I am sure.

When I got to her and looked at the motor all three bolts holding on the brake were very loose. Seems like it's not a coincidence that it just got back from shop and now brake went bad and bolts are loose. On top of that I could not get 2 to bite (have not really done any more troubleshooting but will).

I just wanted to see if I had a case for the shop screwing up and not tightening those back or if it really is just a coincidence.

If the bolt holes are stripped any advise?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3697.jpg
haggis444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Brake Bolts Came Loose???

Oh, If i remember right there should be one washer and one screws lock washer on each bolt. Check If there is something missing and try to tighten the bolts carefully with a small ratchet. You should feel, If the threads still good. And i can't see any reason to loosen the brake when working on the steering.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The three factory bolts that hold the brake on are 2 3/8" long and in normal configuration with a lock washer on each extend 1/2" into the motor case. If the threads are stripped then go to longer bolts. The holes in the motor are drilled and tapped 1" deep. RESCUE threads available deeper in.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:51 AM   #4
haggis444
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
And i can't see any reason to loosen the brake when working on the steering.
Thank you...Any would vibration/brake going bad cause those to back out? Really driving me nuts as to why they were loose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
The three factory bolts that hold the brake on are 2 3/8" long and in normal configuration with a lock washer on each extend 1/2" into the motor case. If the threads are stripped then go to longer bolts. The holes in the motor are drilled and tapped 1" deep. RESCUE threads available deeper in.
Awesome info. Thank you.
haggis444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO