lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
sjlovell32
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G22 3 Inch lift kit potential gotcha????

Long time listener, first time caller here. Thinking about installing a 3 inch jakes lift kit on my 07 g22. I've read that in some cases a longer choke cable or other hoses may need to be replaced if a lift is installed. Is this the case for a 3 inch lift, or do you only run into that when you get into bigger lifts (6 inch)? Any other considerations I should potentially plan for that a first timer should plan for? Thanks for the help!
sjlovell32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 3 Inch lift kit potential gotcha????

I've never heard that, maybe with the brake cables sometimes they are too short when lifted. But I've never heard of a choke cable being too short.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:41 AM   #3
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

This is actually common on drop spindle lifts. Not so much with the A-arm lift kits. Red Hawk lists the extended cable as CBL-052
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokuro View Post
This is actually common on drop spindle lifts. Not so much with the A-arm lift kits. Red Hawk lists the extended cable as CBL-052
I've never used a spindle lift, I don't recommend them. I guess I'm trying to figure out why it's an issue with spindle lifts and not a arm lifts. Don't both effectively drop the suspension farther from the frame? They don't drop the engine down, except for the angle of the engine mount/swingarm. I would think both types of lifts would cause the same condition, no?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve done dozens of 3” lifts on G22’s and have never had a hose or cable problem. Our rental fleet once had 80 G22’s and as we rolled over to newer carts we built a bunch of those up for resale.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 03:59 PM   #6
Ryokuro
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I've never used a spindle lift, I don't recommend them. I guess I'm trying to figure out why it's an issue with spindle lifts and not a arm lifts. Don't both effectively drop the suspension farther from the frame? They don't drop the engine down, except for the angle of the engine mount/swingarm. I would think both types of lifts would cause the same condition, no?
I honestly couldn't tell you why it needs it. Clearly there was an issue, so they made a product to fix it. Capitalism, right?
Ryokuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:01 AM   #7
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

I had the choke cable problem on my G22 when it had a 6" Jakes lift. It's got a 3" now. I just relocated the knob a couple of inches lower.
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g22, jakes, lift kit, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha