lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2021, 11:06 PM   #1
S_Flo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default RXV won't go

So I just recently bought a 2013 RXV. Has a Curtis controller. My issue started last week. I went to get in to move it out of the garage and it won't go. Reverse buzzer comes on while in R, but no movement with key in R or F position. Brake lights are on continuously. Parking brake is engaged and I had to do the emergency procedures under the cover (connect 1 and 3 plug). This disengaged the parking brake so I could push it. No click from solenoid when pedal pressed. I thought It was the solenoid so I ordered a new one and replaced it. Still no luck.

I have tested the solenoid and am getting 50v at main big terminal. 3.0v when I test other post that connects buss bar to controller. I tested the 2 smaller terminals and get a reading on the - post, but nothing on the + one.

I have eliminated the key switch and the charging port blue wire (reed switch).

There is a power kill alarm thing connected but it doesn't seem to be getting power. When I push the arm or disarm on the fob, I don't hear the click I did before. Not sure of brand. But best I can tell it's not wired to the key switch like others are. There are 4 wires coming from it. Pink wire to main large post on solenoid, black wire to battery -, a white wire that connects to small post on solenoid, and a red wire that connects to a black wire that goes to the bi-metal switch on controller.

Not sure if related, but I have had a couple issues while driving it. I was making u-turn and when I went to step on accelerator pedal it wouldn't go. I pushed the pedal 3 or 4 times and turned key on and off a few times and eventually it started going. Then another time I slowed to make a turn and when I went to accelerate, same thing happened.

I have ordered an position sensor and a pedal switch with hopes it's one of those on brake or accelerator side. But was curious what other ideas y'all may have.
S_Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 06:08 AM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV won't go

Usually when the brake lights are on continuously the motor brake is bad. Doing the 1&3 plug is giving it full battery pack voltage. Normally brake only gets full pack voltage for a second or two then drops way down. So just because the 1&3 plugs makes the brake work doesn't mean it is good.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 08:32 AM   #3
S_Flo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
Usually when the brake lights are on continuously the motor brake is bad. Doing the 1&3 plug is giving it full battery pack voltage. Normally brake only gets full pack voltage for a second or two then drops way down. So just because the 1&3 plugs makes the brake work doesn't mean it is good.
I've read in other post that in that case the solenoid would still click. Is that true? Mine doesn't click at all.
Old 06-23-2021, 10:16 PM   #4
S_Flo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

***UPDATE***

Issue figured out. It was the kill switch alarm system. Must've went bad and caused issue.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO