lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2021, 08:55 AM   #1
BTcruzur
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive 2 seat belt question

Morning, New guy with 1 post on ICON forum. Really wanted to get an ICON, but determined availability here wasn't going to happen. I bought a very nice 2017 Yamaha Drive2 48vDC. I know, wanted AC, but beggars can't be.... Anyhow, this cart hit all my wants (almost) rear flip seat, windshield, mirrors, turn signals, lifted w/ 23' Fusion tires Vortex 12' wheels.
I need to put seat belts on for grandkids. Almost all kits I find say not for Drive2 ,G29. Why exactly don't these work? Haven't had time for precise measuring , but the Buggies Unlimited rear seats have the mounting tabs for the sb bar. Anybody had any luck putting one of these "universal" seat belt kits on a Drive2 ? For the life of me, I can't see why it wouldn't fit
PS: Once I can , I will post a picture or didn't happen
BTcruzur is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Drive 2 seat belt question

You don’t have to get a specific kind of seatbelt that fits just the Drive 2. There are plenty of universal kits (meaning they fit all carts) that are easy to install and cheap as well! Check out golf cart garage, they have some good options.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 07:37 PM   #3
BTcruzur
Not Yet Wild

Thanks nonomac4, that's kind of what I figured. I just found it strange that they specify carts that won't fit their "universal" kits. I'll find out tomorrow when I install the "universal" kit that was delivered today
Old 06-26-2021, 09:44 PM   #4
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I guess so, I hope there is a return policy! However, the yamaha carts have a lot of aftermarket availability so it should work.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:48 AM   #5
BTcruzur
Not Yet Wild

Amazon - Free Return, I double checked
Old 06-27-2021, 02:47 PM   #6
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTcruzur View Post
Amazon - Free Return, I double checked
Oh yeah Amazon is the best!
Old 06-28-2021, 10:39 PM   #7
BTcruzur
Not Yet Wild

Well, just as suspected, it fit great. The only problem was the included hardware. The bolts to mount the main rail were ridiculously long. Had I been at our main house I could've just reached in my bolt bin and gotten the correct length bolts. I just moved the attachment points over to the next hole. All in all I'm very impressed with the quality of the kit. So, don't necessarily believe fitment claims .
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha