lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #11
mightyexplorers
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need New Controller? Talk me down from or over a ledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
If you press the pedal down and have no continuity, or ohmeter shows high resistance, the MCOR switch is bad, and the MCOR must be replaced.
Thank you Fairtax4me! The MCOR switch seems to be the issue. I get no continuity when the pedal is pressed. Furthermore if I jump the two wire plug with a paperclip and push the pedal the wheels spin.

Sounds like a need a new MCOR. Another question then? I have a Get 1 pedal set and I think I can just get an MCOR2, is ti worth it to change to a Gen2 pedal set and MCOR4? or do they operate pretty much the same?
mightyexplorers is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 05:54 PM   #12
mightyexplorers
Not Yet Wild

Also what is the difference between the $40 MCOR on amazon and the $165 at other places, is it really worth 4 times the cost?

where is the best place to buy?
Old 06-23-2021, 07:30 PM   #13
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

$40 MCOR is Chinese and won't last; original is made in Mexico and much better. Site sponsors have them
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #14
mightyexplorers
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for the help, I have a new MCOR coming. I still plan to update the controller and motor at some point.
As nice as it would be to go to AC, after spending a lot of time reading here I think the Alltrax controller 500AMP may be the way to go. The main thing I like about that controller is I can wire my own key controlled user preset switch. I don't like the idea of the on the fly controller with our kids and always needing to make sure it is adjusted right and locked out. I would rather just flip a switch to the mode I want after I have the presets dialed in.
revolutiongolfcarts looks like they have some decent packages although I think I will do my own 2 gauge cabling as I have the crimper and parts necessary.
Thank you all for all of your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car