lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2021, 09:06 AM   #1
banshee43
Not Yet Wild

Default Help - IQ Conversion - Motor Not Seating Properly Again Differential

Purchased the IQ conversion kit from Scotty B, who has been great to deal with, thanks for everything so far Scotty!

The cart I'm upgrading is a CC 95' Fairway Villager (SN D9507-424540)

Everything that came in the kit is mostly installed, however, I ran into a problem with the Admiral MOT-A4 motor. The Admiral is replacing what I think to be the original CC 3.1 hp motor (PN 1017857-01). When I went to slide the motor onto the input shaft, the motor stopped about 1/4" short of the housing. See attached pic. I measured the old motor coupler and the depth is about 1/4" more vs. the Admiral.

Aside from tearing apart the differential, and either trying to purchase a shorter input shaft or taking it to a machine shop to have 1/4" removed I'm not sure what else to do?

Axle PN MC008K-BS01

Really hoping someone has some insight here...

Does anyone have a measurement of the input shaft on ~95 Club Car DS I can compare to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Admiral.jpg (199.0 KB, 0 views)
banshee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2021, 09:47 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help - IQ Conversion - Not off to a good start

See email and let us know how that works.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:28 PM   #3
banshee43
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help - IQ Conversion - Not off to a good start

Scotty B for the save!!

Long story short, in addition to posting here I reached out to Scotty from Carts Unlimited direct. Scotty mentioned, that while he have never seen this specific problem previously, he suspected that during shipping the motor had gotten bumped around enough to cause the armature to protrude the 1/4" from the housing. Scotty's suggestion was to "try pulling the motor out 1 inch from the input shaft and shoving it towards the differential housing a couple of times. Nothing crazy - just a solid bump".

I had tried this the night before where I gave it several solid bumps but it didn't budge, and I didn't proceed any further as I didn't want to damage anything. So, based on his suggestion and his blessing to bump it a few more times, I ran home at lunch today, to give it another try.

A couple of bumps still no change...

So, I removed the motor, set it on its end between two pieces of 2x4 (to keep it off the wiring) used another small piece of 2x4 to protect the motor shaft gave it a few soft strikes with a rubber mallet and it reseated exactly 1/4”.

I’m thinking I was fighting gravity and friction between the housing the the armature last night and again today when trying to bump it on horizontally which is why it didn't work.

Hopefully, someone else can learn from this.

I should have it all put together this evening and ready for a road test--I'm not excited or anything!
banshee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car