lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2021, 11:02 AM   #1
Pitpig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Go no go pulling my hair out

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Newcomer to the forum, although I’ve been reading lots of posts. I am in need of guidance.
I have a 48v 2002 Club Car DS IQ with Lester Summit charger. Problem started as lots of folks have encountered. Parked one day, got on it the next day and it moved a few inches and nothing. Checked batteries (all good), cleaned every post connection and cable. Have replaced Mcor, solenoid, controller and bypassed the OBC. Got on it this morning and it worked (for a short time). Got off , told the wife it was back working ( she uses it around our place) , got on it , few inches and nothing. The micro switch in the new mcor is barely audible, as is the new solenoid. What am I missing ?? Has to be simple. It has a fold down rear seat, so access to the solenoid and wires are a pain. (After replacing the last component (solenoid) it worked, so I reinstalled all the seats).
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Pitpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Go no go pulling my hair out

I'm not much help on sparkys but when I'm deep into issues with gas carts I think it's easier in the long run to pull the rear seat base and not struggle.
But I'm a little older and have picked up an ounce or two......
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
Pitpig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Definitely easier to get to everything with it off. Which unfortunately will be my next step. At 64 I don’t contort as easily as I used to. Lol
Old 06-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #4
Pitpig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The saga continues.
After letting the cart sit for a few hours, I jump on, switch to reverse and away I go. Switch back to forward a drive it about a hundred yards. Starting and stopping, switching fwd to rev several times. NOW ITS FREAKING WORKING!!
It’s taunting me, I know it. 😝😝

This morning’s episode, after the attempt to move, I did notice the solenoid not clicking on. The old solenoid wouldn’t either. But I used a jumper wire to “ make it click”, and even connected the two large cables. Neither made a difference. Cart never made a twitch.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Pull the dust covers and check your brushes.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Pitpig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Pull the dust covers and check your brushes.
Thought about the brushes. Don’t recall seeing any dust covers. Solid motor housing and a end cap. I’ve pushed the cart back and forth thinking it would change brush position. Never made a difference.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:18 AM   #7
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you checked the connections on the controller. I had one doing the same thing and the 16 pin connector had one wire (Gray) that was loose you could see if had gotten hot. Replaced the end and clean up the others. Running fine now.

A little more work but I pulled the back seat off.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:18 PM   #8
Pitpig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Goober11 thanks for the reply. All the connections looked like new when I replaced the controller. Nothing loose or discolored.
Been driving it all day without a hiccup.
Hate issues like this.
Old 06-10-2021, 04:52 PM   #9
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Like Goober said, check your connections. I'm willing to wager you have a connection problem in the small wires, or one with a short in it.

I had a cart similar yours one time that would run fine when warm and would not run when the air cooled at night. Only way I figured that out was after it stopped on me somewhere on the farm at night, it would start running again the next day after it sat in the sun for a while. I reasoned the bad connection would re-connect itself when something expanded a tiny fraction. I played with the wiring and connections and it began running flawlessly. I sold it to a friend and he has had no issues with it. Yes I told him what it had done.

Something like this can drive you crazy.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #10
Goober11
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitpig View Post
Goober11 thanks for the reply. All the connections looked like new when I replaced the controller. Nothing loose or discolored.
Been driving it all day without a hiccup.
Hate issues like this.
I know what you mean you can’t really find the problem until it quits running. The one I worked on finally got were it would not run at all but it took about a week running it around before it quit.
Goober11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car