lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2021, 08:46 PM   #1
Dascroft
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2009 ACG Hummer cart won’t move

First off thank you to anyone in advance for helping and to everyone that supports this forum. I have spent about a month scouring it for my solution without trying to bother anyone with questions and I’m at my witts end so here we go....

Also I’d like to say that anyone that lives in or near south east Michigan that works on golf carts and is willing to work on mine please let me know. I called several places and couldn’t even find anyone that would work on my cart or otherwise I wouldn’t be working on it myself.

Cart Details:
2009 ACG Hummer
48V DC motor (do not know brand or power can’t find numbers on it)
500amp Controller
0-5k ohm Potentiometer

When my carts Trojan 875 batteries use to get low the cart would stutter a bit during initial take off. That’s when I knew I really pressed the limit on the batteries charge. Last August I took it out of the garage with a full charge and it did the same stutter. Meter read batteries full. On the second tee box I went to press the pedal and nothing happened. Tried reverse. Nothing. Assumed bad batteries or incorrect watering of them even though they were only a year old because of the stutter. I had been wanting to convert the cart to lithium ion so I said no biggie and parked the cart. This spring I purchased the RoyPow 48v 105ah lithium ion conversion kit. Yanked the old batteries and wired in the new fully charged lithium and the cart still wouldn’t move. Next I attempted to purchase a new controller thinking that was bad. The controls said “Wolf Performance” on it which doesn’t even exist on the internet for a controller. When I removed it I found a label hidden on the back side that said 0-5k ohm 500a. The controller looked like a 1205m-5602 Curtis controller that comes without the A2 plug break bushbar. I purchased a new controller before pulling the old one and didn’t know what potentiometer I had so I purchased one to match the new controller. I know now that I actually managed to buy the correct potentiometer with my limited knowledge. My new controller does have the A2 plug break and the J5 connector. From researching the forums and the Curtis manuals I read that you can skip that portion of wiring since I don’t use the plug break option and it should run fine. So I did so. I just wired my new controller exactly like the previous one. Cart still didn’t move. I should also mention I did get the China controller not the Curtis controller for the new one. The new controller is 36v/48v 500amp and the company preset it for me for a 48v and for my 0-5k pot. Before wiring in the new pot today I finally figured out how to test the old one. The old one goes from 0-3500 but never makes it to 5k I don’t know if that’s bad, or if the old controller was just programmed to bump 3500ohm to full speed or what. Regardless I have a brand new one that I test from the same China company and it tests flawlessly. I next powered the cart up and checked the battery terminals and it read 52volts. Next I checked J1 to B- read 52volts. So I don’t have any resistor in there to drop it to 90 percent. I turn the key off and that power goes to zero. So the key switch I assume is working correctly through the J1 to power the controller. I tested B- to B+ and also 52v. I slightly pulled out the connectors to J2 and J3 again and still went 0-3500ohm. When I power the battery and turn the key and switch it from forward to reverse I hear the solenoid click both ways. Still stepping on the pedal does nothing. In my last test of the evening before giving my children a kiss in case it electrocuted and killed me or ran me over, I jacked the back end of the cart up and tried to take a battery cable and jump the main solenoid to see if that was bad. I held the wire on it while my wife pushed the pedal and the tires still didn’t move. I have finally given up and am throwing myself upon your mercy. I’m going to have every part replaced and it’s still not going to work. I didnt directly power the motor with a power source yet because I just couldn’t believe that could be the problem In a 2009 golf cart. If anyone can tell me how or what to test next or have someone that I can pay to work on my cart please let me know because I’m about to roll the thing to the curb and let it be crushed in a garbage truck.
Dascroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #2
Dascroft
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2009 ACG Hummer cart won’t move

Well it looks like I found a dealer in Michigan that has finally agreed to work on my ACG cart. So taking it in on Monday. Thanks for taking a peak for me though.
Dascroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:36 AM   #3
RNajarian
Gone Wild

Club Car

Let us know what happens. I’m trying to compile all the ACG cart info on one thread as a resource.
RNajarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 08:27 PM   #4
abreadner
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like the motor might be the problem. I have 6 of these carts and have had to pull the motors and replace the brushes on most of them at least once as the leads on the brushes burn off and then the cart goes nowhere.
abreadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts