lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #11
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Ride quality with lithium

I have successfully removed the lower leaf from the pack, that leaf was a 3/8 to 1/2 thick bar about half the length of the other leafs in the spring. It helped helped a great deal, I now would like to get the ride height back to somewhere it was. The rear shackles are 2 3/4” long from end to end, i an trying to find somewhat longer shackles, no luck so far, and yes I can take some 1/8 steel and fabricate new shackles to whatever length I want, just trying to find some premade longer shackles to buy, anyone have any ideas?
Mikefili is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2021, 08:51 AM   #12
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

REPORT: I have successfully remove that one bottom leaf reassembled everything and happy to report the ride quality has improved dramatically! Only thing that was happening is tire on the passenger side rear on a big bump or a sharp turn was rubbing some plastic webbing on the rear portion of the bodywork, not willing to now give up the better right quality and add the springs back to original configuration I went ahead drilled 3/ 3/16 hole and what would be my corner cut, Took a saws all and removed a bit of the offending plastic that was hitting the tire. When I removed the section of leaf out of the leafspring it went ahead and lowered the body in relationship to the axle that half inch or so corresponding thickness of the removed leaf, if I wanted to be real picky I would Cut that half-inch section of removed leaf two maybe 3 inches long to act as a spacer and bring all of the Heights back up again, I think I will attempt to buy some white longer shackles, my shackles are two and three-quarter inches long, A longer shackle that would lift the cart a bit higher in relationship would be perfect also, again as I say the right quality is improved dramatically on my end result is a leafspring that is now two segments instead of three
Old 09-11-2021, 06:01 PM   #13
Mikefili
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
16psi is pretty tight. I’d lower it to 8-10
yes I should lower it, only reason I run it high is to try to somewhat stop the “galloping” from the out of round Stelling tires, not sure if more air or less helps the bouncing
Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 AM   #14
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Do coil over shocks replace leaf springs?
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 09:59 AM   #15
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Do coil over shocks replace leaf springs?
No, you still need leaf springs to connect the wheels to the body.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car