lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2021, 11:00 AM   #1
cncjeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Reducer Wiring 2010 Classic36 2+2

2010 Star 36v 2+2.

The wiring connections for the voltage reducer were poor condition and badly corroded. During the process of replacing them with weatherpack connectors I lost track of the wires.

There are four wires coming out of the harness on the cart side, three of which are tagged:

#63 - a green wire
#10 - a purple wire
#60- a red wire with a black trace
The 4th wire is solid black.

The Voltage Reducer appears to be labeled
Input Red +
Input Yellow control
Output Green +
Output Black -

I am pretty sure which wire is my positive 36volt input. The voltmeter helped there. The other three wires have me confused.

I have looked at the two wiring diagrams available on this forum but they are not helping me figure this out.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you,

Brett
cncjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
cncjeeper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Voltage Reducer Wiring 2010 Classic36 2+2

Just to update:

The 60 wire - Red with Black trace carries 36 volts. So that went to the Red Wire on the Voltage Reducer.

The 63 wire - Green Wire I mated up to the Green wire on the Voltage Reducer.

The purple 10 wire I mated up with Yellow signal wire on the Voltage Reducer (that one is labeled Control). One of the two schematics in this forum shows a purple 10 mated to a yellow wire on the voltage reducer.

The black wire on both the cart harness and the Voltage Reducer were mated up.

Still no function on the cart. I can detect no output from any of the wires. The green wire carries no Voltage. The Yellow Signal wire is showing nothing.

I really suspect the Voltage Reducer is bad, but do not know enough about it’s function to know.
cncjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay