lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2021, 02:03 PM   #1
Iowalogger
Not Yet Wild

Default G1 Roll cage ideas

Looking for any pics of roll cages on a Yamaha G1, also would like to see custom front and rear bumpers.
Iowalogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Roll cage ideas

Roll cages are tough on the G1 because of the hinged rear body. I've never done it because of the complications. Lots of fab work to do it right.

I've seen a couple on here, but they interefered with the rear body and they made the cage removeable. It's a lot of work to unbolt the cage every time you want access.

One mod that I've seen that might help in this case is to convert the seat to a removable type like on other golf carts. You flip the seat bottom up and remove to gain access. That's the only way I see it making sense.

Do a search, you'll find a couple threads here.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=61545
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:59 AM   #3
Iowalogger
Not Yet Wild

Thanks
Old 04-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

To many years ago and to many lost computer crashes, so no pictures. If you attatch a roll cage to a G1 front cowel, it's just decorative. As I recall (in my old feeble brain), we would weld tubing off the main frame thru the side rails. Beef up the side rail metal and use that as the "base" for the rear portion of the cage. Plus it's wide enough then you can still tilt the rear body back. The front should come off the main frame also. Either off a new fabbed front bumper attatched very well the the main frame, or off the the main frame outward behind the bumper and in front of the front wheels. Not an easy job, but if you want true roll bar not just decoration...just has to be done. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:14 PM   #5
Iowalogger
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, just for looks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center