lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2021, 06:46 PM   #21
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HOW TO: Install LED mirrors with turn signal flashers

On my Amazon bought LED mirror turn signal lights...a number of the LEDs are not lighting up anymore on my drivers side mirror. The passenger side is fine. I checked my connections in the dash and all were fine. I’m past the return window on Amazon so I just went ahead and ordered a new set since they are only $35.
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2021, 08:45 AM   #22
NJICONi40L
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
This is a little how-to install mirrors with LED turn-signal lights built in. I saw them on Virjose's cart and decided to get my own set. I hate leaving my turn signal on and forgetting when I'm driving, so this really does help prevent that.............

And you're done! Hope this helps somebody.
Thanks for these great instructions. Very helpful and without I would have been doing some extra homework to figure out what wires controlled the turn signals. The kit included the right parts, but as you mentioned, the spade lugs don't exactly fit down through the tubes.

Since I didn't have any spade lugs but I did have crimp on splicers, I used the existing spade lugs and spliced them back on the wires after running them through the tubes. If I have any intermittency in the connections I'll buy new spade lugs and redo. There is plenty of extra wire.

A couple of things to note.

The wire fed down easily through the tube on the passenger side. Reaching around was fairly easy to grab it an pull it under the dash. Connections were easy. That said, on the driver side I have a hell of a time getting the wire through the tube. That took more time to get that through then the entire rest of the job.

Secondly, I didn't notice in pics posted by other that had done this upgrade that the second hole does show on the inside of the down tubes after putting everything back together. Not horrible but I did not expect that.

The mirrors I purchased are slightly smaller than the stock ICON mirrors. Not a big deal but it is noticeable when you compare the two.

Use care when connecting the spade lugs to the connectors provided. It is possible to push them on but have the spade lug miss the slot to make a connection. I was worried I have a defective mirror but troubleshooting isolated the problem, I corrected it and all worked just fine.

All in all, an easy mod and a great improvement
NJICONi40L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 08:40 PM   #23
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Installed mine today. Excellent write up. Thank you Atrain!
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:02 AM   #24
ICON I60L
Not Yet Wild

Just replaced mine. Thanks for the info. I will say that for newer carts (at least for mine), the turning signals are different color wires. Thanks again.
ICON I60L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #25
robertmII
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON I60L View Post
Just replaced mine. Thanks for the info. I will say that for newer carts (at least for mine), the turning signals are different color wires. Thanks again.
I think mine were blue/black on one side and green/black on other side. Same connector as shown in Atrains pics so made it real easy to figure out.
robertmII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 12:17 PM   #26
ICON I60L
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmII View Post
I think mine were blue/black on one side and green/black on other side. Same connector as shown in Atrains pics so made it real easy to figure out.
Yes
ICON I60L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 10:23 PM   #27
6seaterdonk
Not Yet Wild

I wish I would have seen this write up prior to doing the job, I removed the entire front dash and windshield to install these, I also used this time to adjust the head lights.

I also removed the 13mm lug bolts that the a pillar connects to, that makes it much easier to push wires down, also my cart has the LED-Glow 12pc LED kit, so i had wires to work around.

One question I have, is do you know which rivets are used to fasten the floor mat down, i wanted to try to match them as some of the heads popped off when i was removing the screws to take out the front dash.

thank you!
6seaterdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2022, 09:31 AM   #28
311DaveR
Not Yet Wild

BIG thanks ATrain, as I did my replacement last night.

A couple of items worth reinforcing - this isn't hard (agreed), but make time as there can be bumps in the road. I did the passenger side tube first, and chasing the wire just wasn't going smoothly (but eventually it popped out the other end). The driver side was a snap for me, and, use a single wire as recommended to thread the harness down the tube (great tip).

Also, I had a lot of trouble with the connectors that were included AS WELL AS some splicers that I purchased separately (so test your lights first to know they work, and good luck with splicing).

Overall a great mod, as now I know when I am blinking after the turn. Again, big thanks ATrian - great write-up.

DaveR

PS - 2 inch spacers arrive today :)
311DaveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 05:57 PM   #29
ExPhotoLabGuy
Not Yet Wild

Just finished my install on a 2023 60L and thought I would show a couple of changes I noticed from the older carts.

1. Icon pre-wired for the mirrors so you can just connect directly to the Blue/Black=Left and Green/Black=Right. They are very visible once you pull the cupholders:
[IMG][/IMG]

2. I got these bullet splice connectors from HD and they just plugged into the connections:
[IMG][/IMG]

3. For mounting, I could not use the top hole because that would have put the bottom bolt in the side of the windshield. Instead, I used the existing bottom hole and drilled two holes above, one for wire and one for top bolt. I also used the existing bolts from the OEM mirrors. They were the correct length and just looked better:
[IMG][/IMG]

Just wanted to say thank you to ATrain for making this thread. I recommend that if you have a newer cart, you follow ATrain's instructions and just make the above changes if necessary.
ExPhotoLabGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:24 AM   #30
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The Mirror is mounted too high. When making a left hand turn and your looking to the left, the mirror is in your line of site. Of course , some will argue the point, but Ive had to re-do so many because of this complaint. I mount them so the top of the mirror is even with the split in the windshield. Just food for thought.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon