lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2021, 10:24 PM   #11
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: HOW TO: Install LED mirrors with turn signal flashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
What size bit did you use to drill the third hole?
No clue off hand, but I just took the bolt and held it up next to my bits and found the smallest one that would fit the bolt while removing as little material as possible.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #12
Stano7
Getting Wild

Makes sense. Thanks ATrain.
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #13
Stano7
Getting Wild

ATrain, I haven’t looked under the cup holder yet - my mirrors come in today. Want to be prepared, are the left and right turn signal wires labeled or so I have to figure it out?
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 01:22 PM   #14
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
ATrain, I haven’t looked under the cup holder yet - my mirrors come in today. Want to be prepared, are the left and right turn signal wires labeled or so I have to figure it out?
They're not labeled, but when you lift up the cup holder and reach your arm in to the left side, those are the left wires and same with the right side.

It's pretty obvious if I recall correctly, when you have the correct wire, you can kind of follow/see that it goes to the back of the lights so you'll know for sure.
Old 04-08-2021, 01:48 PM   #15
mbrown55
Getting Wild

They were not immediately obvious to locate as they can fall down behind the cavity exposed under the cup holder. They are however, the only wires with the that type of two conductor quick connect. I suggest once you locate them wrap a long piece of tape around them to secure them in case they fall back down on top of the front axle area. I had to "refind" them several times because they dont really have enough slack to get them where you can easily tap in to them.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 04:56 PM   #16
MPH711
Not Yet Wild

Just wanted to give a big thanks to ATrain for his great step by step directions on installing these mirrors. Mine arrived today and they are on my cart now. Look at me...a guy who can easily get his wires crossed was able to install these! Thanks again ATrain!
MPH711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #17
ESCADA23
Not Yet Wild

CSS899 - Did you have to get two beeper/buzzers? One for the left and one for the right? Thanks!
ESCADA23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:40 PM   #18
Kingc891
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I have also installed the led mirrors and used ATrains posted guide. Installed and Worked flawless .
Thanks ATrain
Kingc891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:57 AM   #19
CSS899
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCADA23 View Post
CSS899 - Did you have to get two beeper/buzzers? One for the left and one for the right? Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply. I bought 2 but never installed them. Unfortunately they got lost in a move we where in the middle of when we got our cart. I will most likely just buy the led mirrors instead.
CSS899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:26 AM   #20
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCADA23 View Post
I got beepers/buzzers before I even was aware of the mirrors and started figuring out how to wire them, but they were crazy annoying. Sitting at a long light made me want to turn the thing off.

Once I saw the mirrors with the lights that face both directions, I was happy enough. I rarely leave my signal on too long now.

The dash display has a polarized filter on it, so I can never see it with my sunglasses on, so the mirrors do the trick for me.

Also, the buzzers would have required me to cut 2 holes somewhere to mount them...mirrors were much cleaner in my opinion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon