lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2020, 10:54 AM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Poor idle , black plug

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...thread&page=35
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2020, 08:36 PM   #22
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

I finally got some time for the cart so I pulled engine mount bolts to pull the carb and give a good cleaning. A lot of jelly balls in the carb. I heard it’s from the ethanol. Holes in the pilot were nasty along with the bowl. The idle jet was clogged also. Cleaned everything spotless and blew everything out with compressor. Replaced main jet with a 42. Wasn’t able to finish socking down the engine cause of this storm that came up the coast. Gonna double check the cable to make sure the butterfly is closing all the way too. Got a lot of wood to stack tomorrow so hopefully I won’t be too shot to get to it. I’ll try to get some pics too
Colwllce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 08:39 PM   #23
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Seriously considering mikuni carb now tho
Old 07-10-2020, 09:24 PM   #24
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colwllce View Post
Seriously considering mikuni carb now tho
I didn't want to invest a lot as I didn't know how it would work. But now I'd say the bike/atv/etc type carbs are way better than lawn carbs.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 06:47 AM   #25
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Hey guys I know this is an old thread but it’s sort of a continuation of it. I just got back to working on the cart. I decided to go big or go home so I bought the VM-34 kit for my engine and a 45 degree elbow to try and get by the shock. Any previous experiences from someone would be helpful ( belt length, different routing, etc.) I just want this thing all mocked up so I can rip off the body and repaint it. I’m over trying to build and just want to ride a bit.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps