lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #11
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Poor idle , black plug

And to answer you Shepard I agree with what you said about the engine not getting hot enough to keep the plug clean because it never runs more than 5 or 10 mins
Colwllce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2020, 07:31 AM   #12
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

And no Yamahama no return line with the pump. It is the stock fuel pump with the cart that had an 8.5 horse motor so didn't think i’d need one in this case
Old 06-08-2020, 07:36 AM   #13
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Something i did notice was the jet i pulled which i switched from original carb has 2 o rings but the replacements i see have one. Could i be wrong with the top o ring and be cutting off air? On OMB Warehouse the jet for the 420 shows 1 o ring and the ones for the 212 show one so I’m not sure if I’m blocking off air or not
Old 06-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #14
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Sorry said that wrong anyway but after zooming in on them they both show 2 I believe
Old 06-09-2020, 07:58 PM   #15
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

You said it has a pancake air filter - have never seen one but check and see if there is any obstruction over the idle air intake jet -- the jet on the left side of the carb as your looking into the mouth of the it. If that is closed off in any way you'd have a fouled black plug for sure.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 10:28 PM   #16
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Im going to remove the carb and give it my best cleaning and hope for the best this weekend
Old 06-30-2020, 10:34 PM   #17
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

Its a high flow filter that looks like this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3919093F-A6AF-4640-87D4-8601E13B95BF.jpg (119.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-02-2020, 03:50 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I can tell you that proper jetting on the main is usually will bog if you jump on cart and hit gas hard. After less than a minute in summer temps it will run fine. If it takes off cold its likely too rich on the main. The idle mix you have to get it to work. The jet is under the idle speed screw you take that plastic plug out the jet is in it, its really tiny. I put a piece of wire in it and sawed it around for a minute to make mine a tiny bit larger. The screw to adjust is on the side nearest the engine. What you do is let it idle warmed up, and slow the idle then adjust the mix and keep doing that until it hits the compression release. Then open the idle mix a little more quarter to half turn more. That is where mine works best it started better and idles very slow to change gears. Most clones have the screw covered or pugged I had to drill mine out, another I had to heat with a solder gun and Dremel a slot in to remove and replace with a normal screw. If you buy the adjustable carb you should not have that issue. In the end I made an intake that comes around the front above the block and put a scooter carb there, it runs nicer smooth with no problems. The clone carb has no intermediate jets you can never get it dialed in that well. It works, just not that great. Its not made to throttle its made to run on a governor. I used the setup posted above in pic for a while, I took a piece of plastic sink drain and drove it into the top of the hurricane style filter mount. Took the stock G9 air hose and cut it into 90s and pvc to the stock airbox that way. But the stock airbox is like a 1" opening, it may be ok for a stock clone but not sure it flows enough for no governor or mods. Now I use a car airbox piped to the front to avoid dust.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:20 PM   #19
Colwllce
Not Yet Wild

I’d love to see a pic of that intake, carb and air filter setup
Old 07-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #20
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colwllce View Post
I’d love to see a pic of that intake, carb and air filter setup
Just click on his name and look at his statistics. His threads will be listed there.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps