lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2020, 11:48 AM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: High amp draw and battery drain, help!

It is not a setting about current, it is the one about speed: "M1/M2 FWD SPEED".
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2020, 01:13 PM   #22
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Gotcha.

I'd much prefer to not limit my speed but will lower it to see if it helps with amp draw. Thanks.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 01:35 PM   #23
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

I monitored the ARM CURRENT in MODE 2 which has a FWD limit of 20. The current is lower, about 110-120. That's a drop of about 30 amps which is great but still higher then I was told to expect as normal. Is 70-80 amps a reasonable expectation on level ground with 1 rider. I've also notice a new sound coming from the motor area.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnjvzn7kx1..._2341.MOV?dl=0
Old 05-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #24
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

I’m still dealing with this issue. I replaced both the axle bearings which didn’t seem to be an issue but had the axles out so went ahead anyway. I also dropped the pan on the gearbox and inspected the input shaft, mid shaft, and main drive gears. Everything looked good. I ohmed all of my main current cabling and didn't find any abnormal resistance. Brakes have been checked and readjusted so no drag and tire pressure is higher than I would like it at 26psi to ensure no excess tire drag.

Solenoid gets warm, not hot, and controller temp is also good.

My thermostat in my motor is set to trip at 140C and it will regularly do so on long rides (1 or 2 adults). Or even shorter ones with aggressive stopping and starting.

I did just notice that the main armature cables off the motor are getting hot.

I also recently replaced the cover band with a vented one. Not sure if it’s helping yet but it certainly makes the sounds from the motor more noticeable ( kind of like a whining and an occasional scratching sound). Hopefully not arcing.

I’m about do for a new battery pack and will be going lithium. Hopefully the 400lb weight cut and more consistent voltage will make a significant impact in reducing both motor heat and amps.

Any additional input on why and what I could do to resolve this would be a HUGE help.

I’ve invested heavily into this cart and would prefer to keep it. Thanks
Old 05-02-2021, 08:50 AM   #25
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Not sure but I’m thinking some of the heat from the cables could be coming from the heat escaping the motor through the vented cover band.

Tags
amp, drag, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay