lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Default Triumph club car

Hey guys, first post on here so don’t be to hard on me. Been waiting to do this build for some time now. I know it’s not an easy one or cheap as I have about $4500 in it so far. Have studied this forum for some time now and a lot of great builds here. Anyways have a couple questions. 1 looked into Jakes long travel front suspension set up with disc brakes for the front. Is this kit strong/ safe enough? 2 on the rear axle I’ll be doing a live axle set up but was wondering if anyone has integrated the swing arm onto the engine as it was on the bike? Reasons this may not work? Better to fabricate it separate and mount to frame also? Sorry for the long post but trying to get this as right as I can.
Mrider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Triumph club car

I mounted mine to the Swing Arm, worked good.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 09:32 AM   #3
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

I was hoping to get some insight from you rifter. I hope mine turns out half of what yours did. It wouldn’t let me look at most of your photos from your build tho. You don’t happen to know anything about the Jakes quality? Or am I better using racing quad front suspension?
Old 01-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #4
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I have used a Kaw Bayou front and a Raptor 660 front, the Raptor was the best, I went over 100 MPH with it. All my rear axle was Mini Sprint car stuff, Wilwood Brakes, try to build your cart to stop before making it fast. Just my 2 cents. If you want any specific pictures I still have all the build pics
Old 01-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #5
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

I gotcha. I was looking for something decent with a lift is why I looked at the Jakes but I know sport atvs will handle it. On brakes I’ve got the front disc set up already. And have a really nice 4 piston dual setup that came off the bike I’m gonna try and get those on the rear if possible. At least a single back there. My biggest holdup is how to mount/ fabricate a rear axle setup that won’t fail. I really like mikesn31 setup but I can find pipe and bearings that work. If you got some pretty good pictures of the rear axle/ swingarm
Old 01-06-2020, 10:16 PM   #6
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Here's a couple
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00043vu4.jpg (168.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg front suspension.jpg (433.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fgc.jpg (181.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Bike engine cart.jpg (168.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-07-2020, 11:24 PM   #7
JRL
Gone Wild

Using the scoot swingarm will make for a loong wheelbase.
What engine/scoot are you installing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #8
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Thanks rifter. Kinda what I had planned although I’m trying to fit it in a stock cart..... its been interesting so far. It’s a triumph Daytona engine. Thought about modifying the original swingarm to work but it’s cast aluminum and really to aggravating to get a good weld so ditched that idea.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:11 PM   #9
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I wanted longer and wider,,,, due to fun (maybe not)rollovers in stock carts lol
Old 01-10-2020, 02:12 PM   #10
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
I wanted longer and wider,,,, due to fun (maybe not)rollovers in stock carts lol
Being you have built the whole frame including the swing arm -- longer is better. The swing arm hinge or pivot could be as far forward as you wanted. You could have 10 inches of travel with a swing 48 inches long ---- that would be better then if it were 10 inches of travel with a 30" long swing arm.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps