lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 09:53 PM   #21
Pat1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: How to make your golf cart street legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by edupilka View Post
how long did it take DMV to process your paperwork before they called you to schedule the inspection?
They received my paperwork on a Monday and called me 2 days later to schedule.
Pat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2020, 11:18 PM   #22
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Around here many people list most of the items on the bill of sale if it was already installed on the cart to avoid the receipts. Local DMV told someone that and it makes it much easier than scrambling for receipts. If its on the bill of sale you don't need a receipt. So if your cart came with most of the stuff on the list but was not an official LSV make sure each accessory is listed on the bill of sale.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #23
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great write up.
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 09:17 AM   #24
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I made my own bill of sale which listed all the parts I had and just added. It also shows that paid sale tax on it . I went and did it all in one day, paperwork submitted and inspection and walked away with title in hand in Tampa . Off the the insurance company and DMV . One big money grab all it was .
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:14 PM   #25
PreyDrive
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

This is incredible, I have been worried about getting my cart inspected. This guide is all I need, I only wish I would have read it before I did almost all the modifications and bought the parts off of Amazon....
PreyDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #26
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreyDrive View Post
This is incredible, I have been worried about getting my cart inspected. This guide is all I need, I only wish I would have read it before I did almost all the modifications and bought the parts off of Amazon....
Record all the parts on your bill of sale as swan said above and you will be fine.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Around here many people list most of the items on the bill of sale if it was already installed on the cart to avoid the receipts. Local DMV told someone that and it makes it much easier than scrambling for receipts. If its on the bill of sale you don't need a receipt. So if your cart came with most of the stuff on the list but was not an official LSV make sure each accessory is listed on the bill of sale.
Yeah this is a great idea. I definitely recommend doing this.
075Limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:59 PM   #28
PreyDrive
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I was finally able to finish this. It was a pain but they didn’t care about the parts I bought from amazon that I didn’t pay sales tax on. I did pay sales tax on the cart at the tax collector when I got the title and registration. The inspector was very easy to work with he just checked that the lights and horn worked and I had everything on the cart. I was worried my windshield wasn’t stamped but he didn’t say anything about it. I’m now legal with tag, and insurance.
PreyDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 10:03 PM   #29
mafialink
Getting Wild

This is a great writeup and plan to use it when I do mine. One question I didn't see a lot of talk on was speed. I read somewhere that it need to go above 20mph but not faster then 35mph.

1- is that true?
2- do they actually test the speed?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:19 AM   #30
075Limited
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafialink View Post
This is a great writeup and plan to use it when I do mine. One question I didn't see a lot of talk on was speed. I read somewhere that it need to go above 20mph but not faster then 35mph.

1- is that true?
2- do they actually test the speed?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
It is true that they have speed standards set for low speed vehicles. I believe it’s faster than 20 but not faster than 25 mph.

As far as actually testing the speed, no they don’t. You can complete the entire inspection without even taking the cart off the trailer.
075Limited is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, street legal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!