lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
sandikoff
Not Yet Wild

Default Elmco 11e serial #396

Recently acquired elmco 11e serial number 396, by all I can find it seems to be a very early model of the elmco versions of the Rolls-Royce golf carts. I could not locate a club car identifying tag.

The issue is that the rod that holds the seat up appears to have come down and grounded out on the batteries and caused a bit of a fire. It has completely destroyed the mechanism for forward and reverse. I cannot find any information, I have no idea how old it is but I'm guessing 79 or so because I found a serial number 340 for sale and it was marketed as a 1978.

I have been diligently searching the interwebs for any information on this machine and haven't been having much luck.

It has a beautiful flying lady on the hood and a horn mounted on the passenger side of hood.

I wanted to post a picture but the system to do so here seems a bit beyond my level of comprehension.. I do not have an HTTP address for a photo so I guess I won't be posting one at this time

I would like to get this machine up and running as soon as possible. I have to replace all of the batteries, which that is the easy part.. but until I've located the forward and reverse mechanism I don't even want to bother going that far because I need to start with the worst part of the burnt up damage, and of course all the charge of the world does not really matter if it has no means to go forwards or backwards..

Any advice, help would be greatly appreciated
Sandikoff

Last edited by sandikoff; 08-06-2019 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: Well I would like to edit this / delete this and move it to club car electric which is where I was hoping to post this
sandikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
sandikoff
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Elmco 11e serial #396

Pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190805_120929940_HDR.jpg (220.7 KB, 0 views)
sandikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Nice cart!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice Cart! I bet if you could post a picture of the damaged area you will be more successful in finding answers too.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:39 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

I have had several Royal Rides. Judging by the grill on yours and the solid windshield it appears to be an early one. Does your cart also have 3 pedals? One for gas, one for brake and one for parking brake?

The hood ornament on yours is not original but is neat looking. Post a photo of underneath the seat and confirm the pedal setup will help as well.

Also, these were based on club car frames so once you have the photo of the seat you will most likely get more help going forward by posting in the club car section once we can figure out what model you have.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire damage, replacement parts needed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO