lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
gambler22
Not Yet Wild

Default 1980 yamaha solenoid

I just traded for a 1980 yamaha that goes great but has a constant click. When you let off foot feed the clicking stops. I think it is a solenoid. I cannot find any solenoids like them. They are 6 terminal with all terms on top. Can i replace them with any 36 volt 6 term solenoid? Thanks.
gambler22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1980 yamaha solenoid

think u need this
http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...1%201141%2036V
DrUnKeN_TiGeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler22 View Post
I just traded for a 1980 yamaha that goes great but has a constant click. When you let off foot feed the clicking stops. I think it is a solenoid. I cannot find any solenoids like them. They are 6 terminal with all terms on top. Can i replace them with any 36 volt 6 term solenoid? Thanks.
You can change, but would really need to change both and really know how to rewire it to work. There were and still maybe some rebuild/contact kits available for the old style solenoids. Are the the black plastic cover plates "melted or damaged at the bolt thread area's? Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Not Yet Wild

no no melted plastic i "think" i fixed it not sure how though sprayed the crap out of it with contact cleaner started taking it apart got the bar on the top off to just disengage the reverse started to try to take just the reverse (top i think) solenoid off and decided to put it all back and magically it hasnt done it since idk i did ground the body for my lights and whatnot not sure if that has anything to do with it... now im looking for a used or diy roof lol gotta love dry rotted roof :) anyway any ideas... also one more thing im looking for a service manual pdf if you know where i can find one thanks for any help you have to offer
John

Last edited by DrUnKeN_TiGeR; 04-15-2009 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: had a : where a " should be lol
Old 04-15-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
no no melted plastic i "think" i fixed it not sure how though sprayed the crap out of it with contact cleaner started taking it apart got the bar on the top off to just disengage the reverse started to try to take just the reverse (top i think) solenoid off and decided to put it all back and magically it hasnt done it since idk i did ground the body for my lights and whatnot not sure if that has anything to do with it... now im looking for a used or diy roof lol gotta love dry rotted roof :) anyway any ideas... also one more thing im looking for a service manual pdf if you know where i can find one thanks for any help you have to offer
John
Glad you got it fixed. Sorry, can't help with the roof or PDF service manual. Keep on carting! Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
gambler22
Not Yet Wild

No melted plastic. They look real good , just one has a constant click. I believe it is a solenoid. Is there anything else it could be. It increases with the speed and stops when you let off the feed.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:00 PM   #7
gambler22
Not Yet Wild

forgot to ask, Are they 36 volts to activate the solenoid or ???
Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Not Yet Wild

yea 6 6's
Old 04-17-2009, 01:34 PM   #9
gambler22
Not Yet Wild

Need wiring diagram for the 1980 yamaha cart. Can the solenoids 6 post bereplacer with 4 post solenoids? Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
DrUnKeN_TiGeR
Not Yet Wild

sorry i just read read this post and i see i some how got confused and i was butting in on the converstation i am sorry op i didnt mean to i have had alot going on and very little sleep my appologies

ps i would be intrested to know if the solenoids can be changed from 6 to 4 terminals...mine wont do anything now lol neither solenoid clicks in... i have 40 volts across all batteries i have good continuity only thing i can think to do is to check all of the connections to the solenoids...gambler if you find the wireing diagram would u mind to send me a pm i need it too.... idk if this thing is worth the aggrivation or not..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha