lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Pulling my hair out over oil for the rear end

Ok, I have read many posts about using straight SAE-30 weight oil in the rear end. And I have also heard that full synthetic is best. My problem is, I have looked everwhere for straight SAE-30 in full synthetic, and cant find it anywhere. I can find 5W30, 10W30....... all in full synthetic, but not stright 30 weight, do they even make it? If there is something better to use, please let me know. The cart is a 92 Marathon, 4 stroke. It is lifted, and will be used to ride around the campground, and lots of trail riding, and mudding.
EazyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Pulling my hair out over oil for the rear end

Eazy Go, You would be fine with 80/90 gear lube or straight 30W motor oil.
For what you are using the cart for, synthetic would be an unnecessary expense.

Hope this helps...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Default Re: Pulling my hair out over oil for the rear end

Where you live, a 75-90 synthetic gear/ transmission lube would probably be perfect. Amsoil, others make it, sold by the quart. Never worry about changing again, what I use. Just my opinion......
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

I'm not sure if anyone makes a full synthetic 30w oil, I would guess someone does but your not going to find it at the local parts store. Well at least I've never had.
The 30w non detergent oil is used because it will trap metal particles in the form of sludge at the bottom of the housing. Also the 30 weight is light enough to climb the helical gears so the upper gears and shafts are well lubricated. This is were the heavier gear lubes don't work as well
I don't really recommend this or use it in any cart other than my own for a few reason. it's not what it calls for, I don't want to be blamed if something was to happen, I doubt it makes that big of a difference, it's high priced.
I use 15w50 Mobil1 extended performance oil in mine, there are a few others members here that also do.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
EazyGo
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help guys! This helps alot. Ruredy, when I was looking all over, I remembered that you were using the Mobil 1 extended performance, but I couldnt remember what weight, so I didnt want to buy something that wasnt right, so I waited. Thanks again guys.
EazyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO