lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
deadpool
Not Yet Wild

Default A little history: American Continental

HI.

I am taking my first venture into Golf Carts. I picked up an "American Continental Products Co." golf cart for my first project. I was hoping, seeing as this is a large community of golf cart enthusiasts, that someone might be able to give me some history of the "American Continental." Google has been less than helpful in finding much out, other than they are out there, they are a 70-80's vintage and may or may not have been made by or for Allis Chalmers.

As I write this, I have a box of new solenoids and cables and a fortune in new batteries to get this neat looking cart operational, but have a few concerns about compatibility like brake components and electrical. I have compared the wiring from early EZ-GO schematics and found them to be virtually identical.

Anyway, any information about "American Continental", it's history, pedigree, resources, websites, ect. would very much appreciated. Thanks in advance
deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2017, 09:46 PM   #2
3 Wheeling in MN
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: A little history: American Continental

I'm new to the site and found it while I was taking another shot at trying to also gain info on my American Continental.
American Continental was based in Willmar, Minnesota as the serial number sticker on my cart indicates. The Kandiyohi County Historical Society has 2 pictures of the carts but no other info. I was able to copy partial documentation of repair manuals at Eagle Creek Golf Course in Willmar. It had assembly views and wiring schematics of most critical areas.
American Continental was purchased by Hanson Silo Company in 1985. That grew into ShuttleCraft USA and was sold to Sioux Steel in 1990 according to a Hanson Silo Co. document. A Google search indicates ShuttleCraft USA is listed as having been in Esterville, IA. Haven't gotten any farther but still looking.
3 Wheeling in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Default Re: A little history: American Continental

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1978nov26.pdf (645.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts