lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #31
Cory1007
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: adding an alternator to a clone

I put a gm 1 wire alternator on on g9 with a duromax 18hp electric start. But my engine will not run if the positive wire is connected to the alternator to the battery. It some how grounds out the engine coil. If I disconnect the positive wire on the alternator it runs fine soon as I connect it arcs bad and trys to stall. I can't figure it out for bv the life of me.
Cory1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-24-2019, 06:15 PM   #32
dacheedah
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Did you ever get this worked out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #33
BigGski
Not Yet Wild

Can anyone help with belt length. I put in the predator 420cc and was wondering what belt length to use for main drive belt? I have already tried 37 1/4" that was too short I have a replacement which is 38 1/2" OD coming in the next couple of days but i am afraid that may be too short as well. Just wondering what anyone else on here uses as I see several setups are just like mine. Any help is greatly appreciated. Same with generator belt if you have that as well. TIA!
BigGski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #34
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGski View Post
Can anyone help with belt length. I put in the predator 420cc and was wondering what belt length to use for main drive belt? I have already tried 37 1/4" that was too short I have a replacement which is 38 1/2" OD coming in the next couple of days but i am afraid that may be too short as well. Just wondering what anyone else on here uses as I see several setups are just like mine. Any help is greatly appreciated. Same with generator belt if you have that as well. TIA!
Not sure on your setup or the drive belt but typically the starter generator belt is about 32-36” long depending your setup and pulley sizes. Tractor supply sells the 3/8” starter belts for 7 bucks each in stock on shelf just go buy 4-5 try till u find the one that fits and return the rest

3L320
3L330
3L340
3L350
3L360

Would be one of those if I had to guess but kind of shooting in the dark without knowing or seeing your setup. Did you make your own brackets or buy a kit?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #35
BigGski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Not sure on your setup or the drive belt but typically the starter generator belt is about 32-36” long depending your setup and pulley sizes. Tractor supply sells the 3/8” starter belts for 7 bucks each in stock on shelf just go buy 4-5 try till u find the one that fits and return the rest

3L320
3L330
3L340
3L350
3L360

Would be one of those if I had to guess but kind of shooting in the dark without knowing or seeing your setup. Did you make your own brackets or buy a kit?

Thank you for responding. I will post some pictures in just the next day or two as I am trying to put a few things back together. I have made custom brackets for my alternator. I have put in a 420cc Predator motor into a 1994 electric Club Car DS frame and body. I replaced the rear end with a rear from a Gas Club Car Carryall with the motor carriage (very key piece to this puzzle). I put on a Comet 780 Series Clutch with the vegas carts CNC'd flywheel pulley. I got a Valeo Carrier Transicold 70A 12V alternator with built in voltage regular (question on that possibly later). 6 In lift kit, heavy duty rear leaf springs and shocks, pretty much entirely new front end shock, steering box all the tie rods and rack and pinion. I pretty much started from scratch with a really nice frame lol. I thank everyone in their help as this blog is amazing. I will post some pics shortly and glad welcome feedback. Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #36
BigGski
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post

3L320
3L330
3L340
3L350
3L360

IMG_4550.jpg

Rear End.jpg

Rear with motor chas.jpg

Wheels on.jpg

Before_After Lift.jpg

Here are the first few photos I will post right below this but these are the photos beginning with the cart (94 CC DS) stripped down to the frame. This cart had been in a hurricane and completely water logged. I was able to get the rear end out of a gas CC Carryall and it had the motor chassis plate already attached which made life 10x easier. I put a 6" lift kit on it and some nice wheels and tires I had from a previous cart. Next post will have the rest as I could only upload 5 photos with this post.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #37
BigGski
Not Yet Wild

Alt Bracket.jpg

Alternator on Brackets.jpg

Aerial View.jpg

Top view.jpg

Back of Alternator.jpg

Here are some of the rest of the progress where I am currently at. I have 3 prong alternator on perfectly with a belt that ended up measuring about 37.5". I have the rear drive belt on currently partially as i want to fire motor up and make sure everything mechanically is working before putting the belts on completely. The drive belt ended up being right around 41". As you can see some of the brackets I fabricated and seem to work perfectly for what I needed. I have throttle cable running through the motor where gas tank mount was and was able to use an E clip and it stays in nicely. I need stronger spring still for it to let off of throttle.

I currently am trying to figure out which wire I need to hook warning lamp up to on the predator 420 electric start mechanism. I have the small warning light lamp but want to make sure it is hooked up in the correct circuit if anyone on here knows. I am almost to a point where I can atleast fire it up and try it out then I can start adding some of the fun little additions I have in store. Always love the feedback and am happy to tell anyone what i have done so far. This forum has been a wealth of knowledge so thank you to those who do take the time to write a response know it is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Hope some may have info on alternator hook up.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGski View Post
Attachment 203258

Attachment 203259

Attachment 203260

Attachment 203261

Attachment 203262

Here are the first few photos I will post right below this but these are the photos beginning with the cart (94 CC DS) stripped down to the frame. This cart had been in a hurricane and completely water logged. I was able to get the rear end out of a gas CC Carryall and it had the motor chassis plate already attached which made life 10x easier. I put a 6" lift kit on it and some nice wheels and tires I had from a previous cart. Next post will have the rest as I could only upload 5 photos with this post.
Old 05-20-2023, 12:15 AM   #38
JJButler
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Any pictures from the belt side?
JJButler is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps