lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2022, 06:49 PM   #1
Lakemaster
Not Yet Wild

Default Richen Honda style carb?

I'm not sure if I should go about doing this or not. But is there a way to richen up the governed RPM on my duromax 713 motor?

My only concern is being lean while Max rpm and that motor spinning my hydrostatic pump for spans of time.

Maybe someone can tell me this isn't an issue? Just curious. The governor is still intact and is used when the motor is running
Lakemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2022, 10:35 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Richen Honda style carb?

Usually disabling the mechanical governor will net you more rpm at the expense of valvetrain issues, mainly the valve springs are not strong enough to run at higher rpm. Most will install a "rev kit" which will have either stronger springs or shims to help with the valve float issue. Bent pushrods are also something to watch out for. As far as "lean condition", no way to know unless you are able to read the spark plugs or use an air/fuel ratio measurement device like a wideband.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 09:55 AM   #3
Lakemaster
Not Yet Wild

In my application I need the governor, I guess I was just worried about the motor getting lean because its working harder than it probably should
Lakemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:21 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The carb should be spec'd from the factory to run at the governed rpm with a safe air fuel ratio, no? Put a set of new plugs in it and do a hard run to the max rpm level. Let it cool and check the plugs. Google "spark plug reading" and compare with the color and condition to your plugs. That will tell you if you are lean.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:44 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I haven't seen the 713's carb BUT if it is like the Harbor Freight 670 there are metal plugs covering the idle jets. Guys drill or pry them out and make the idle mixture slightly richer for a better idle and off idle throttle response. Quite a few videos on youtube on doing this to the 670.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!