lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
Lorenplante
Not Yet Wild

Default 2012 Club Car XRT 850 SE Limo w Brakes Lift Kit Options

I have a '12 Gas XRT 850SE Limo/6 passenger that has the factory front "Z plate" lift that appears to be 3-4", 22" tires, longer shackles in the rear with heavy duty leaf springs. The cart does have Front mechanical brakes. My front passenger wheel rubs a little when have a single passenger on the cart. After reading endless forums and talking with Jakes and All Sport, it appears my options are limited and only looking for another 3-4" and NOT a 6" or long travel kit.
What I have gathered:
Can use the Jakes Carry-all 4" Spindle kit for front brakes (dont want spindle kit... cart is heavy and want camber/toe adjustability options offered in A-arm style)
Or go to a Long Travel kit; not even considering it.

One old forum indicated a guy w a carry-all LSV6 with DISC brakes had a All Sport SS kit and the company provided a custom bracket to fit the front brakes on. That option no longer exists and I have mechanical Brakes.

I am mechanically sound, can fabricate stuff (welder, plasma torch, etc). Im looking for help on what I would need to do if I were to purchase the All Sport SS 4" kit to modify to keep front mechanical brakes???? This will be for neighborhood cruising, w young kids on board. Adjustability is wanted (old cart had Jakes and tires wore unevenly and heard Spindles wont hold up to a heavy cart) and ride comfort is preferred. What are my options. Ive read its essentially a beefed up DS with Factory Z plate installed.
Lorenplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2022, 09:33 AM   #2
Lorenplante
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2012 Club Car XRT 850 SE Limo w Brakes Lift Kit Options

Nobody has any experience with lifting a XRT or knowledge about DS/Carry-all models with front brakes and/or lifting carts with factory z plate lifts? Im really wanting the 4" All Sport SS kit but need to modify for brakes.
Lorenplante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a-arm, all sport, gas, jakes, spindle
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts