lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #1
Mike Dunlap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default What is the advantage of by passing the OBC?

This i am sure has to be a silly question to most of you but I have seen so much posted about by passing the OBC that i truly am intrigued and am wondering why and what is the advantage and what is the effect? I have a 2001 DS and am learning as I go and find that there is a wealth of great shared information from the members. Thanks in advance for any enlightenment any of you may take the time to share on this subject
Mike Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2020, 08:27 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: What is the advantage of by passing the OBC?

To me there really is no reason unless there is a problem with the OBC or the charger. In either case it may be more cost effective in the long run to do away with the OBC and use a smart charger. That also leaves one fewer component that can fail.

Also, to me when stripping a cart down and pretty much starting from scratch and you have to buy a charger anyway, it just makes sense to do away with the OBC. Also sort of "cleans up" the area underneath.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:09 AM   #3
Mike Dunlap
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: What is the advantage of by passing the OBC?

thank you Mooncarter. that makes sense. i was wondering from all of the posts on the subject. Im still learning and this site is loaded with a lot of much more informed than I am. thank you again and have a great upcoming weekend.
Mike Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car