lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Default Seeking advice on lifted gas carts

I'm in the Knoxville area and in the market for a good gas cart. I prefer the quiet of electric, but gas really gets up the local hills better. I prefer lifted (4 or 6 maybe?), kinda tricked out, fast. I'm not very mechanically savvy, so I could not do any of the tricking out or restoring myself. I know my limitations, hahaha

I tried DM-ing Bob Boyce as I understand he is local to me, but I'm unable to get ahold of him, so I thought this might be the most appropriate sub-forum to post in.

Looking for opinions of the best gas cart make/model? Maybe even your opinion of the market leader (easier to sell, maintains value, more mechanics available, etc) Or at least some pitfall models / years to avoid? I saw a nice 2016 ClubCar Precedent that caught my eye.

Thank you for your time.

Joe
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Seeking advice on lifted gas carts

If I were looking to buy a gas cart the go-to guy for Yamaha's is Don Plowman. Yes....he's in Michigan, but I'm sure he ships all over the lower 48.

Call him and tell him what you want. He's a straight up guy to work with.

https://www.plowmanscarts.com/machine_shop.html
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

I wish he had a website or an email, I really hate talking on the phone.

Someone was trying to sell me on a lithium battery cart the other day. He claimed they out performs gas carts on hills, top speed, hole-shot, etc. True or sales-talk fantasy?
Old 08-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, I mentioned Plowman's as you stated you were looking for a quality gas cart.

As for performance, it's my understanding that at the hole-shot, the electric will get the jump as your at 100% instantly where a gas engine takes a little time to get the RPM's into the power band.

Now, for the "on the hills" and "top speed" questions those are more of a "facts and circumstances" kind of test. Circumstances being hill steepness, terrain, type and style of tire....and horsepower of the gas cart along with gearing ratio of both gas and electric.

So.....the answer is...."It depends!"
Old 08-13-2020, 07:37 AM   #5
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Thumbs up Re: Seeking advice on lifted gas carts

Hi Dave,
thanks again for the advice. Would you prefer lithium over gas?

I'll get in contact with Plowman, I haven't yet because I'd prefer to buy from a dealer that offers financing. Kinda hard to scare up 10 large in scratch.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:08 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDiabloJoe View Post
Hi Dave,
thanks again for the advice. Would you prefer lithium over gas?

I'll get in contact with Plowman, I haven't yet because I'd prefer to buy from a dealer that offers financing. Kinda hard to scare up 10 large in scratch.
I purchased an electric cart specifically for hunting as I wanted quiet...no gas fumes....no exhaust fumes. For me it wasn't any thought of buying gas.

I can only assume that Plowman has available financing. He is in the cart selling business.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:24 PM   #7
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Oh really? That's great! I will send him a PM right now!

Ahhh, that makes perfect sense why you'd prefer electric over gas, thank you for elaborating.
Old 08-13-2020, 07:05 PM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I’ll admit before anything else I’m a bit Bias...the Yamaha EFI Quiet tech is IMO the best gas cart stock on the market...I personally have an EZ GO TXT lifted with Subaru Robins 295cc in it and It has never not once let me down...that being said it is Loud and half the time When I get off to walk about the first thing I notice is the smell...but like I said...I’m a little Bias
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:48 AM   #9
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

A wise man once told me that when making purchases, you have 3 choices, but you can only have two.

1. High Quality
2. High Performance
2. Low Price

I also apply the Ben Franklin method of making decisions when I buy something expensive. The idea is to make two columns: PROS vs CONS. Write down everything that you research about the different carts and write them down in one of the columns. If the PROS out number the CONS, then that's the decision you should make. A lot of people do this, they just don't call it "Ben Franklin Method" lol . But it's simple really.

Also know that no matter what you choose, there will be something about it you don't like. There is no "perfect purchase".

Now, with all that said.....There is one thing that overrides all of this.....MONEY!!! If you have an unlimited budget, then you absolutely can have the cart of your dreams, it's just going to cost you some bucks. How much do you want to spend? That will determine what decision you make.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 11:57 AM   #10
DanRoss
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
A wise man once told me that when making purchases, you have 3 choices, but you can only have two.

1. High Quality
2. High Performance
2. Low Price
So you're saying I should have married a gold digger??
DanRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts