lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #1
TX Foilhead
Not Yet Wild

Default It’s been a few years

It’s been a while since I’ve stopped by, last time I was here I was working on rebuilding a 94 EZGO Medalist and had a Lifan motor with a stock torque converter with the sawed off crank shaft. Then my wife changed jobs and the need for that toy went away then the kid need a car and life happened. Anyway thanks to the virus and the kid who’s gone and won’t come back after getting stuck at home for 2 months after spring break I’m getting around to taking car of old projects.

So it looks like Vegas Carts is getting out of the engine business altogether or are they just out of 625’s for now? They’ve also moved to Florida, which is weird. Was really planning on a lift on the original build because I knew that would get out of hand a spend y pretty quick, but if there aren’t going to be more 625’s then I guess maybe a jakes lift and so I can have some better steering and better brakes may need to happen. I get to build it the way I want his time around.
TX Foilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2020, 06:46 AM   #2
superpro56
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: It’s been a few years

Just a temporary supply disruption due to coronavirus. Depending on stock at vendors, you might be waiting on a Jakes long travel too. I ordered a Jakes front brake kit in
April, still waiting on those.
superpro56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:31 PM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

As far as I understand they are going to be focusing on the installation kits and mounts more for the vtwin motors. It is also my understanding that Vegas carts owns the design rights to the 460 and 625 and they are exploring options of licensing the rights out to a different company to sell the motors and replacement parts. They are supposed to release information regarding this very soon. NR racing currently lists the 460 on their website but they are selling it as a dealer through Vegas carts. Not sure if that is any indication of where they will be sold in the future or not as I couldn’t get an answer to that. Again I was told Geoff would be posting some sort of update about it very soon. They covid thing has really messed up the supply / importing of these motors and that’s why they haven’t had any instock.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 03:33 PM   #4
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpro56 View Post
Just a temporary supply disruption due to coronavirus. Depending on stock at vendors, you might be waiting on a Jakes long travel too. I ordered a Jakes front brake kit in
April, still waiting on those.
A guy on Facebook posted he ordered the jakes long travel kit and they told him it would not even ship until October.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 02:20 AM   #5
TX Foilhead
Not Yet Wild

There was a 625 on the the Vegas Carts site last week, but it is gone now. If Jakes is taking that long, I may hold out for the 625 to reappear since its a drop in and wouldn’t require some temporary parts to get me by for the time being.

Thanks for the extra details.
TX Foilhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps