lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 6” lift on G29 leans to the left

I have two 2008 G29 carts. I just installed a Jakes 6” spindle lift on both carts. One cart squats a little on the driver’s side rear corner. With the rear inspection panel off you can see both shocks leaning towards the driver’s side which explains why the rear end does not sit level. My question is what would cause this? Front end of fine btw.
Brazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2020, 07:51 PM   #2
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 6” lift on G29 leans to the left

I should have added it is possible the cart always leaned a little bit was not as noticeable until I lifted it 6”. Not positive though.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:11 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

It's hard to say without seeing the cart. If you rock the cart side to side, do the shocks move? Can you straighten the cart up by pushing? It could be worn out shocks and bushings. Remove the rear shocks and check to see if they are sloppy at the mounting points. Also compress them by hand and see if they have good dampening and rebound.

It could also be something in the structure/frame of the cart. Was the cart ever wrecked?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. That is a good staring point for me to check out. Though I bought the cart used I cannot tell it has ever been in a wreck.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:43 PM   #5
Brazos
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I think I just figured it out and though simple may be hard to explain. On the rear of the G29 to install the 6” lift you have the “H” type frame that slides up into the upper shock bracket and bolts into the bracket using the existing hole for the upper shock bolt. Then the shock bolts 6” lower into the bottom of the “H” frame in new holes giving the rear a 6” lift. I got to looking and and on the passenger side I did not get the bolt thru the existing shock mount bolt hole and the hole on the “H” frame on top. Therefore I can see the bolt hole on the H frame. This in turn pushes the passenger side rear up about 1.5” and pushes the driver’s side rear down about the same and in turn makes the shocks lean to the driver’s side. So I need to take the bolt out and get it thru both holes. Hope that makes sense.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sounds like you might have it figured out
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts